starting strength gym

Thread: Squat check 265lb

Default Squat check 265lb

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Dear Tom and other interested readers,

I have been doing SSLP for ~5/6 weeks now and are having some great results. The weights are reaching a point now that my form is starting to get comprimised (although it wasn't great to begin with) and a form check would be very valuable!

My stats: age: 26 height: ~6'3 weight: 198lb

My reflection of the lift:
    1. too deep
    2. weight on toes on ascent
    3. right elbow twitch?

Side note: this was the first set, which i struggled to got 5 reps. The second set I completed 4 reps (got the video uploaded allready if needed) and the third set i lost confidence and stopped at 2.

I hope you can help me! here is the video:

Thanks for everything your doing and i appreciate all the help you can give me!

With regards,

Felix

Video is blocked probably because of music.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    Video is blocked probably because of music.
    Thanks for the reply, I edited the video and it should work now!

You are sliding forward on all of those. Keep your chin down, especially on the ascent. Stay back at the bottom and stay leaned over. You will have to work extra hard to hold your back in extension. Potentially widen your grip, straighten your wrists out, and drop your elbows. While doing all of this, drive your ass up and stop lifting your chest. Don't be surprised if you need to take some weight off the bar to fix these issues.

Hi Tom!

Thanks so much for the reply! I worked on the pointers you gave me. I deloaded to 100kg and progressed to 117.5kg again so far. I widened the grip almost 1 hand length but it is still not straight. I am considering switching back to thumbless but I don't know if this will fix it. I was wondering if you could take a quick look at how it is currently looking. I hope I am sliding less forward now, but I do see myself lifting my chest still too early! Any cues you can give me to fix these issues are greatly appreciated!!

Here is the video: I apologize beforehand for the attrocious music in the background, I dampened it as much I could in the youtube editor!

Thanks so much for everything!

starting strength coach development program
    Pretty much all of my previous comments still apply with the addition of "go deeper." All of those are above parallel.