starting strength gym

Thread: Still having a lot of shoulder issues with the low bar...

Default Still having a lot of shoulder issues with the low bar...

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I made some adjustments after getting help from Tom and reading an article by Nick (squeezing the traps up).

http://startingstrength.com/resource...ml#post1578376

They helped for about two weeks and then different parts of my shoulders started hurting when I try to unrack the bar. Every time I find a way to make it work, it works for only a week or two and then creates its own problems. I've basically resigned myself to high bar at this point. Is there anything to be done to make it work?

Without being there in person to poke and prod at you, there is not a lot more I can do from here. If making the various adjustments in the videos and working on the stretch that Horn goes over in his video doesn't help, then maybe you need to squat high bar. You can live a full and complete life training the high bar squat, but you will not get the secret decoder ring that low bar squatters earn after they master the technique. The other thing you can do is see a coach and perhaps they can help you. There are some people's shoulders that just do not agree with the low bar position. Cannot say if that is you from here, but maybe it is. Then again, maybe not. Why is a mouse when it spins?

I'll see my coach again. I'm out of ideas myself. He initially signed off on my form and shoulder position like you did in the previous thread. The problem was it got progressively more painful instead of gradually more comfortable like I would expect from practice and stretching. I haven't attempted a low bar in a few weeks at all now because I figured i just gave myself a shoulder injury and I need to wait a while and start slow from the beginning again.

As I said, if you are not able to fix this, don't give your self a chronic injury in the name of low bar squatting. I promise you can still be on my Christmas card list, even if your shoulders cannot tolerate the low bar position.