starting strength gym

Thread: Squat check. Am I crooked?

Default Squat check. Am I crooked?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Dear coaches,

I have a little issue. Restarted LP a couple of weeks ago, had my form checked and it was pretty good. I still have some left hip pain (ache) nothing to serious but it just kept bothering me. Aside from that my gait has been off for a while especially when im on my feet for some time, left leg starts to limb.

So I started videotaping myself. Looked all good untill I made a rear oblique video. Its hard to notice but when played slomo, you can defenitly see what happens. My but makes some kind of U trajectory, and at the bottom the bar is off completely. Right side is about 1/1.5 inches lower.

Im kinda puzzeld becaue ive never noticed before, nor do I know its always been like this.

I use orthothics, and went to see a different man this week. Im getting new insoles soon since he figured the old ones werent perfect.

On a side note, i broke my left femur at the age of 15. They installed a rod and that has been in there ever since. That was also the reason of me getting orthotics because I had to learn how to walk again and (apparetnly) that coupled with slightly flat feet made the orthotics necesarry if i didnt want my knees to get fucked over the long run.

Im curious on your thoughts and hope you guys can help me out. Thnxx!!

Side
    Squat 95kg, side oblique. 19 aug - YouTube

Rear (3d rep is very apparent)
    Squat 95kg rear oblique, 19 aug - YouTube

I don't see anything worrisome here. You don't have a pronounced asymmetry and any asymmetry you do display is more a function of variance between reps than any kind of chronic shift off to one side or another. We are all asymmetrical if you look closely enough. Go forth and squat with a glad soul.

Interesting. That moment when you are so sure something s wrong and get told your squats are fine.

Well thank u sir. Ill see how the new orthotics do. Be back in the future