starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form check @225

Default Squat Form check @225

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Last set of 5@ 225

Squat Form Check

Not sure if the depth is ok anymore - at lighter weights I was going way too deep but now I'm not sure if I'm high. I'm wondering if it makes sense to start using a belt.

thanks!

Your stance is a shade narrow and your toes need to be pointed out more. Your biggest issue to address is pushing your knees out. Way out. You are folding over at the bottom of your squat in a big way. You don't want to do that. A slightly wider stance with knees much further out will have the effect of shortening the femur with respect to the sagital plane of the body. This will allow you to be more more upright and you will no longer be impinging the hip, which will allow for better depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    Your stance is a shade narrow and your toes need to be pointed out more. Your biggest issue to address is pushing your knees out. Way out. You are folding over at the bottom of your squat in a big way. You don't want to do that. A slightly wider stance with knees much further out will have the effect of shortening the femur with respect to the sagital plane of the body. This will allow you to be more more upright and you will no longer be impinging the hip, which will allow for better depth.
    Hi Tom:

Thanks very much. I have taken some weight off and tried again per your comments.

Squat after feedback

I'm not sure if the depth is ok or if these are too high?

thanks!

Your knees must be further out to the sides. Push them out harder and then redouble your efforts on the ascent. You are still folding over too much. Get your chin down. Look at a point on the floor in front of you and keep your chin down on the ascent. Descend a bit slower. Lose the TUBOW for right now.

Hi Tom:

Thanks very much. I have tried again focusing on keeping chin down and driving knees out:

Squat Form Check 3

thanks!

starting strength coach development program
    Both of my previous replies still apply and have not really been implemented. Where do you live?