starting strength gym

Thread: LP or situational Intermediate, question from a busy Geology student.

Default LP or situational Intermediate, question from a busy Geology student.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Age 25
    Height 5'6-7ish
    BW 177-178
    BF% 21-23% mostlyin my mid section an legs
    Hey coaches, last June I came up on the last week of the 3rd month of my SSLP, I was eating 5000ish cals and weighed 170ish at the time. This was two weeks after finals. Just for back ground I started my squat at 160lbs and bench at 125lbs.

I stalled out my squat(280lbs on the second set) and bench (180lbs on the second set), both for the third time. I was also DL'ing 305lb at the time and had not started PCs yet as I was hesitant due to prexisitng SI issues that started prior to me ever touching barbells.
    I was about to go out of town and knew that a reset, light day, and micro loading was in order when I got back in town. The only problem with this is that rolled my ankle pretty good before going out of town and when I came back rolled it again and smacked my head open and got 5 staples. I also had to tackle physics 2 the last half of the summer which took much of my time from me. All in all I retained a lot of my strength and was not absent from the gym, I worked around injuries and LP'ed back( a couple times bc of injuries/ business) from them as they came during the summer. I am finally not traveling or coming off an injury. I really wish to finish out my LP, but life right now is super busy with school. There is an ongoing joke between the geology students here at ole miss about how we don't have time to have a life, and my semester so far is ungodly busy for it to only be the first three weeks of the new semester, and my last semester this spring will be the devil. I make time to lift and get my shit done, but is finishing out my LP even a possibility at this point or is it just one of those things I won't know until I surpass or stall again where I did previously? Am I seeing the beginning of an unfortunate situational intermediate or can I dig deep and salvage this?

Thank you in advance let me know if any clarification is needed, I never feel like I can be clear enough through these posts.

Probably best to try the LP until proven otherwise. Start the same way you'd start the first day - work up to a moderately heavy set of five and stay there, don't worry how close or far away it is to where you were before. Once you get to the point where you're having doubts about your ability to continue to progress the next workout, put in the light day and microloading for upper body movements. Otherwise, run the LP as normal and aside from perhaps the times when ideal sleep isn't possible due to schoolwork and studying, make sure the rest of your bases in this article are covered: The First Three Questions | Mark Rippetoe

Your biggest problem is that you go to ole miss. #hailstate

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    Probably best to try the LP until proven otherwise. Start the same way you'd start the first day - work up to a moderately heavy set of five and stay there, don't worry how close or far away it is to where you were before. Once you get to the point where you're having doubts about your ability to continue to progress the next workout, put in the light day and microloading for upper body movements. Otherwise, run the LP as normal and aside from perhaps the times when ideal sleep isn't possible due to schoolwork and studying, make sure the rest of your bases in this article are covered: The First Three Questions | Mark Rippetoe
    Thanks coach for the quick reply, just to make sure I understand you correctly, you are not saying I should restart entirely correct?

I don't see any reason for you to restart entirely. Your post did not make clear exactly where you're at right now, but it sounds like you're in the middle of a re-LP that you started in the summer. Continue it.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    I don't see any reason for you to restart entirely. Your post did not make clear exactly where you're at right now, but it sounds like you're in the middle of a re-LP that you started in the summer. Continue it.
    Yea sorry about that I tried to be as clear as I could, but yea thats pretty much where I am at. Thanks again coach.

Your choice of major is a good one. Do a couple of reps for my homie, William "Strata" Smith.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    Your choice of major is a good one. Do a couple of reps for my homie, William "Strata" Smith.
    Will do lol, geology rocks. Its also kinda metal \m/_ puns for dayzzz