starting strength gym

Thread: At the end of my LP?

Default At the end of my LP?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Dear Coaches:

I am a male, 19, 6'0", and 195 lbs.

I started the LP at a BW of 145 and squatted 105 for 3 sets of 5. Now about 7ish months later I am 195 and can squat 245 for 3 sets of 5. I haven't ever been able to make it past 245 after a few resets. I sleep 8 hours, rest 5+ minutes, and eat 3800-4500 calories a day.

I have heard stories of people being able to squat 315 for 5 after their novice LP, and I'm worried I'm cutting mine too short. Is it time to switch to TM if I can't make it past 245? What weight to I start at on TM if I should?

I have moderate-severe anxiety issues and have been told the body interprets this type of stress the same as training stress, not sure how much of a factor that could be.

Thank you.

Have you read this article, and if so, can you check off all the boxes as correct (aside from your anxiety related stress)?

The First Three Questions | Mark Rippetoe

All those boxes are checked. I had a long conversation with a SS coach and decided to try and continue my LP. I'll be eating more, sleeping more, and work through anxiety under the bar and in my daily life. If it still doesn't work I'll probably go see a coach IRL. Thanks for the reply.