starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Squat form check from your geology student

Default Squat form check from your geology student

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Never have posted a form check for my squat so here goes.
    BW 178
    BF% 21-23%
    height 5'6 maybe 5'7
    age 25
    Status -been doing hydrology hw since ALLDAY - first break of the day besides for food.

Sorry for the camera although I kinda found if funny, I don't know if it helps or hurts though. If it hurts I'll try to re angle the rack and camera better, I have a super small place and am just blessed my wife even lets me do this in the kitchen(shes on SSLP also). If Tom answers this, Hydrology is fun but our professor is super brutal how was it for you?

235 @178 form check - YouTube

There is a great deal I cannot see from here. Your stance may be too wide and your knees may need to go out more, but I cannot say that with any certainty from here. Need a better video.

I never took hydrology as an undergrad. I did take hydrogeology with Dr. Richard Parizek at Penn State. Parizek was kind of a local legend in Central PA for his contributions to the understanding of hydrogeology, especially using fracture trace analysis for siting municipal water supply wells. His course was okay, but, honestly, not terribly challenging. Earth History with Dr. Rudy Slingerland, now that was fucking course. Probably the most challenging and rewarding classroom geology experience of my undergrad career. What an amazing experience that was.

Gather ye round, kiddies, Uncle Thomas is gonna tell us a story about them grand old times at Penn State.

You fuckers haven't lived until you spent your day tromping around the salt marshes around Wallops Island advancing cores into Pleistocene sediments. Don't even get me started on Red Lodge, Montana.

Lol man my hydro professor just plays mind games, it seems easy so far but the HW is the devil. I will film another video in the gym on campus for a better view. Yea I have a bit wider stance than most. I actually narrowed it to solve some hip pain, which worked.

They flew us through our geo history course here, I don't think it gets the emphasis it should. It's starting to try into other classes a lot right now and everyone has to kinda just wing it.

I have been super busy with classes. Sorry it took so long to get this posted, but here is that refilmed squat. This is a slightly closer stance than I usually like.

YouTube

Your knees are going too far forward. Hold them back a little. This will cause you to lean over more. Narrow your stance slightly. Drive your knees out to the sides harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    Your knees are going too far forward. Hold them back a little. This will cause you to lean over more. Narrow your stance slightly. Drive your knees out to the sides harder.

Will do coach, I'll post another form check once I try that.

starting strength coach development program
    Brought my stance in today and tried to keep my knees from going to far forward, definitely felt like a different squat but I am not sure this is exactly what you wanted. Hopefully this post narrows down the kinks. YouTube 240lbs @179/180ish

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast