starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Squat form check from your geology student

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    That stance width looks good and overall those are decent. I suspect your knees are still going a little further forward than I would like. Driving the knees out a little more will help both with that and with depth. You are an inch or two high. Not bad, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    That stance width looks good and overall those are decent. I suspect your knees are still going a little further forward than I would like. Driving the knees out a little more will help both with that and with depth. You are an inch or two high. Not bad, though.
    Fantastic thanks a lot coach. I'll work on that and post in the future, hopefully squatting around 300+

Coach,
    1) Do you think his toes are pointed out too much?
    2) Is he coming up on his toes a bit? (The heels lift slightly and the plates spin upon descent and when finishing the ascent.)

His toes may be out too far. I cannot say for sure from here, however. If he is naturally turned out more than "normal," then this could be just fine. The answer is probably "maybe." He is coming up on his toes a touch, too. Sometimes this happens at the top as an artifact of a little too much pop at lockout. You can also see it at the bottom a touch. This is probably a combination of letting the knees go forward and a bit of squish in his shoes.

Don't think it matters but my right foot points out naturally, my left foot does not. I just filmed some more from the side and it seems like I am about an inch over my toes now. The closer stance is definitely taking some getting used to, it feels like a (mechanically)completely different from when I was squatting a bit wider earlier this summer. But my heal came up a bit back then too11111.jpg22222.jpg so I assume some non cheap squat shoes may be in order? Again thanks for all the help. I'll be back with another form check hopefully in the 300s.

starting strength coach development program
    Your toe angle looks fine from there. Carry on, my friend.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12