starting strength gym

Thread: muscle imbalance question

Default muscle imbalance question

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello everyone. I am new to starting strength but not new to lifting but my strength is not to where it should be. I have a question on muscle imbalances that has occurred with me. My entire left side of my upper body is smaller then my right side. What should I do if I am following starting strength to fix those muscle imbalances? Should I do a few extra sets on my left side with dumbells? Thanks in advance for the reply.

Shane

Nope. Just lift and be sure to stay as symmetrical as possible when producing force. "Muscle imbalances" are hard to define and are often inconsequential, provided you even have them. Learn to train with a barbell and get significantly stronger. I predict you will be pleased with how everything progresses. Also, all humans have some level of asymmetry both in structure and movement. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Awesome. Sounds good. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    Nope. Just lift and be sure to stay as symmetrical as possible when producing force. "Muscle imbalances" are hard to define and are often inconsequential, provided you even have them. Learn to train with a barbell and get significantly stronger. I predict you will be pleased with how everything progresses. Also, all humans have some level of asymmetry both in structure and movement. Don't sweat the small stuff.