starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Form vs. Increasing Weight

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by tfranc View Post
    would be great to witness your greatness at a seminar in the twin cities but alas..........
    You should've come down to Chicago, but it's already sold out. If I'm flying in from NYC for it, you could come down from MN. But alas.

I am really glad that I posted the original question. I was hesitant, since I had just started the LP (Maybe the answer would reveal itself as I continued to work? Did I miss the explanation on this in the book?), and was pretty sure the question had been asked and answered somewhere else in the forums. I was dreading the "follow this link to the answer; this question has been asked and answered."

The explanation that followed is/was super helpful and informative. Thanks again.

This has been a very productive little thread, indeed. Glad you asked.

I say this at the risk of it probably existing already, but I feel like this thread topic would make a nice article for the SS website. It's so common to see friends, fellow gymgoers, etc. who spend weeks and weeks "deloading to work on form for a while" or constantly "doing the weight a few more times to get used to it" when really they are just being a) lazy or b) paranoid about lifting anything with even the slightest deviation from perfect form. Similarly, you see people on e.g. Reddit who are struggling with 225lb squats yet posting form checks with 95lb or the empty bar, and they don't understand why that is unproductive unless they have some totally egregious form error that is present regardless of the weight on the bar. It would be great to have a formal article to point to in such discussions.

Of course I realize that this is easy for me to say, as it would be someone other than myself doing the work of actually writing it...

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    You should've come down to Chicago, but it's already sold out. If I'm flying in from NYC for it, you could come down from MN. But alas.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123