starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check

Default Squat form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi coaches,

First of all, thank you for your help and contribution, this community is awesome and has helped me and opened my eyes in many ways.

English is not my first language so I apologize in advance.

Info about me:
    Male, 27 years, 6'3, 270 lbs.

Doing the SSLP for around a year, year and a half but had a lot of bad luck(distractions, minor tweaks, life etc.)...

Never really went to the gym before, but played basketball and did some boxing as a kid and a teen.
    Did some calisthenics though and running, was a fairly lean 190-195 lbs before I decided to get strong and hit the gym.

Current lifts:
    Squat 347 3x5
    Deadlift 315x5
    Bench 272,5 3x5
    Press 184 3x5

Here is my third set of fives on the squat

YouTube

I've been on an advanced novice on squat since around 300 lbs, and currently bringing back my deadlift cause I didn't do him for few months cause it bothered my back since I tweaked it, and honestly sometimes I skip the deadlift, well cause they are hard .

Those are pretty good. A few things to polish up. Get your knees forward a little earlier. You don't want them moving forward at the bottom of the movement. Stay leaned over at the bottom, too. This will help with the knees, too. Don't lift your chin on the ascent.

Coach Tom, thank you for the reply and advices.

Here is my deadlift video
    YouTube

I'm experiencing some low back pain or SI joint pain, I'm not exactly sure.
    Sometimes I feel it when I'm doing squats on the ascent part when I fall forward and lose balance, and have to fight to get back in the proper midfoot balance, but it's minor compared to deadlift.

I feel this iritating pain starting when the bar is around my knees unill the lockout, so basically the range of motion like a rack pull.

You can see the last rep was kinda hard due to pain.
    Warm ups fell good, but anything over 300 lbs and this iritating pain shows up.

Do me a favor, start a new thread for this. Two things, however. Film the deads at a front oblique – enough so that I can see where the shins are on the bar. Roll the bar back a little. It looks like your shoulders are too far in front of the bar, the bar is forward of the midfoot, and that you are slightly on your toes.