starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form Check

Default Squat Form Check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024

Widen your stance slightly. Make sure your toes are out at 30 degrees or so. Drive your knees out much harder. This will result in your knees being less forward of the toes. Otherwise, you are there. Good work.

Tom, Can you expand on the "drive your knees out much harder"? I have read this and took it as a cue to keep someone from letting their knees cave inward. Do you drive the knees out on the way down and the way up? Something tells me driving them out making them less forward of the toes will give me more hip drive? Thanks for taking the time to watch my video, if I had access to a SSC here in Central Florida I would have consulted them a long time ago.

If knees are collapsing in, then, yes, pushing them out is important. Yours don't collapse in, but never go out enough. You may need to think about driving them out on the way down and the way up, although it is also possible to that once your knees are in place early in the descent, you don't have to think to much about them there after.