starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No question, just a statement for the SSC’s. Please move to Boston :)

Default No question, just a statement for the SSC’s. Please move to Boston :)

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Will one of you guys please move to Boston area! I need someone to take my money! Would love some in person training.

Just a heads up. My local SSC has clients stop by from Canada. Maybe a day trip here to Syracuse or NYC?

Can you please provide more detail? I assume you are in NY? SSC Wolf in NY would be another option.

Quote Originally Posted by JLB105 View Post
    Will one of you guys please move to Boston area! I need someone to take my money! Would love some in person training.
    Same here. Come Boston, maybe even for a week? Maybe just have people able to check in for form review? Consider me in. Unfortunately traveling to NY is out of the question for me.

I'm also in Boston and would similarly welcome a coach here. There used to be one in the area, but he moved.

Quote Originally Posted by JLB105 View Post
    Can you please provide more detail? I assume you are in NY? SSC Wolf in NY would be another option.
    JL,
    Wolf is an option and I believe there are coaches in Brooklyn and Long Island. Our coach here in Syracuse is Dan Flanick. He owns and operates Skaneateles Strength and Conditioning. Two of my lifters (one being my wife) have seen him for form issues and hit meet PR's. I can't highly recommend him enough. Like I said he gets people from Canada to see him. He takes his time with those he coaches especially with those who travel a long distance to see him. His website is skaneatelesstrength.com or you can find him on Facebook.

I've worked with a lot of people who have driven 3-5 hours for the session, many of whom make an overnighter out of it and see the city a bit. I offer restaurant recommendations at no extra charge. Manhattan being a place where a lot of international business is done, I've also worked with a lot of people in from Europe for business. Though none have flown over just to see me. Yet.

That being said, I get a lot of these requests, and my primary time at the gym is dedicated to those lifters who I see 2-3x every week; I do dedicate some special times for these one-off sessions, but they are limited in availability simply due to my online coaching and recurring 2-3x/weekly lifter obligations. This is not a complaint at all, I am very lucky to do what I love for a living and to have a lot of demand for it. It just means that scheduling for 1-off sessions with me sometimes requires some patience.

FWIW, I'm in Boston and have accelerated my consumption of information over the last couple of months (started advising and training a couple of friends on the method) in hopes of attending a seminar and earning the certification. The SS vacuum that is New England makes it difficult to get feedback.

If anybody in the area is planning to do the same thing, please send me a message so we can train together and teach each other.

On a related note, I'm coming back from almost a year long layoff, during which it seems you've started offering online coaching, with a 3 month minimum commitment.

My apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but would it be possible to arrange something less committal? For example, could I video myself performing all of the main lefts and send them in for a one-time form check? I found Tom's form checks very helpful last year (and am planning on posting a squat set soon...), but I don't want to abuse this free service.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Cambridge93 View Post
    My apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but would it be possible to arrange something less committal? For example, could I video myself performing all of the main lefts and send them in for a one-time form check?
    I am not part of Starting Strength Online Coaching, but I don't believe they offer a one time form check. Wolf or Nick could probably answer this definitively. I would bet you could reach out to an individual coach and set something like that up, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Cambridge93 View Post
    I found Tom's form checks very helpful last year (and am planning on posting a squat set soon...), but I don't want to abuse this free service.
    Bless you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast