starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No question, just a statement for the SSC’s. Please move to Boston :)

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Boston does seem to be an untapped market! I saw that the SSC there moved to Charlotte, NC, another untapped market.
    I'm a ONLINE client of Dan Flanick, but luckily I live close enough to get over there for an occasional in person session. The combination keeps me moving on up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cambridge93 View Post

My apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but would it be possible to arrange something less committal? For example, could I video myself performing all of the main lefts and send them in for a one-time form check? I found Tom's form checks very helpful last year (and am planning on posting a squat set soon...), but I don't want to abuse this free service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    I am not part of Starting Strength Online Coaching, but I don't believe they offer a one time form check. Wolf or Nick could probably anser this definitively. I would bet you could reach out to an individual coach and set something like that up, however.
    Ya, we don't do this at SSOC. Our goal is specifically to work with people who want to make that commitment. Certainly you could reach out to an individual coach and ask if they'd do that. We obviously do that here for free without (sans the personalized programming assistance), though the level of detail in our response, speed of reply, attention we're giving while doing it, and patience with you in general is going to be a lot higher when you've shown commitment by paying for the service.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campiteli
    Bless you.

JLB105: what area of Boston are you in? what gym are you currently working out at?

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Broggi View Post
    JLB105: what area of Boston are you in? what gym are you currently working out at?
    Home gym. Newton. You? I have a YMCA family membership, but was sick of dealing with sharing and hogging the power rack.

Adding to the fire here. Heck, I'd take a SS coach almost anywhere in New England. I'll probably buckle eventually and make the trip to NYC, but I can't do that once or twice a month -- which would be ideal (and obviously I'm willing to pay for!)

Just listened to Wolf on today’s Barbell Logic podcast. He stated that he has a goal of eventually opening up a gym, but probably wouldn’t be in Manhattan. Too costly.

Wolf amove to Boston and tap into this market!! Most gyms here suck! Great opportunity....

Quote Originally Posted by JLB105 View Post
    Just listened to Wolf on today’s Barbell Logic podcast. He stated that he has a goal of eventually opening up a gym, but probably wouldn’t be in Manhattan. Too costly.

Wolf amove to Boston and tap into this market!! Most gyms here suck! Great opportunity....
    I can't imagine Boston is a hub of affordability. But honestly, I don't like the northeast much. If I leave NYC and have to rebuild my business from scratch, I'm going to do it somewhere I like better.

Alas, you will have to find another person to throw your money at.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Cambridge93 View Post
    My apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but would it be possible to arrange something less committal? For example, could I video myself performing all of the main lefts and send them in for a one-time form check? I found Tom's form checks very helpful last year (and am planning on posting a squat set soon...), but I don't want to abuse this free service.
    Andy Baker's Barbell Club is $27/month and you can cancel anytime. There's a Facebook group for form checks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12