starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form Check

Default Squat Form Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi, I was wondering if you could look at my squats.

This is my last set of five on volume day on Texas Method at 135 kg (297 lbs).

YouTube

Olav, my long-femured friend, those don't look bad. You do, however, have a tendency to push your hips back in the middle of the ascent. Work to make your butt go up, especially through the tough part in the middle. As you get to the sticking point, think "take your chest with you." I don't want you to lead with your chest, but I don't want to see your hips going further back at that point in the squat, either. Carry on.

Thank you for looking at them, and I will try to implement your advice.

Incidentally there was some random person who also gave me a review of my form in the comment section on Youtube, and I quote "...really bad form...but you'll find that out when your back gives up...". I have to say this was some really constructive and helpful advice. I'm not sure if it's funny or if it's sad.

YouTube comments make me despair about the fate of humanity. I try not to read them. Same with Facebook comments on NASA's postings. Instead, I prefer to watch compilation videos of pandas falling all over themselves.