starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift Form Check

Default Deadlift Form Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi Guys,

Just wondering if I could get you to have a quick look at my deadlift, i'm pretty sure i'm following the steps in the sticky (except for the straps) and cant see anything major myself

Only thing i'm really concerned with is lower back just a little round ? so I took another video from the side if this helps

Thanks

You hold your back pretty damn flat. Good job on that. On the whole your deads look good. However, you don't really extend your knees. I would red light you for that at a meet. You pull the bar around your knees slightly and then, at the top, they never get straight. Remove the sharp hip thrust at the top of the dead and instead straighten out your knees. You are sometimes forward at the top of the pull, too. Work to stay in the middle of your foot. Lifting shoes might help here as they give much better feedback than Chucks. Also, while not as important, pull the knees back a little more as the bar passes them to straighten out your bar path. Unless you have an injury, or are doing a ton of Olympic lifting which chews up your hands, lose the straps. You can pull 142.5 without them.