starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form Check

Default Squat Form Check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello,

The other thread got closed. As a reminder, I couldn't get to depth without a slight lumbar flexion.
    I've been working on this lumbar extension being lost at 90° of hip flexion but I'm beginning to lose hope in this battle.

Here's a video of my last set at 100 kg : YouTube

I got a friend who's into weightlifting (140kg snatch, 170 kg C&J) who encourages me to keep working on it (at first he told me to just elevate my heels and work on my ankle mobility in the meantime, but he acknowledges that it might not help my low-bar squat anyway). He also told me that my femurs were just too damn long.

In the other thread, I also posted a video of my DL where you said
    You don't get your back fully set on the DL, either, and this despite you having the bar forward of midfoot with low hips - an easier position in which to set the back.
    I'm still on LP for my upper lifts and my snatch but I've not been making any good progress on my squat and DL for 2 months now, trying to fix this first (while still adding a bit of weight)

Those aren't bad squats. Don't try to overextend your spine as you descend. Just stay tight. Go a smidge deeper and keep doing what you are doing.