starting strength gym

Thread: Form check - Squat

Default Form check - Squat

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Greetings coaches,

I'm on novice LP with light squat on Wednesday. Squat is starting to feel heavy and i have experienced some minor issues. I would very much appreciate a form check to ensure that I am squatting correctly.
    I'm 6'2, 189 lbs and I have been doing the program for about 3 months. I deloaded the squat one time because of issues with form.

The video shows my last set of Fridays squats. My biggest trouble with the squat is knees having a tendency to move inwards and elbows/upper back moves alot if i dont focus on keeping elbows at the same degree.

I apologize in advance for the moving camera.

Video: YouTube

This is pretty awful video. However, from what I can tell, your squat looks good. Sandwiches, my friend. You need them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    This is pretty awful video. However, from what I can tell, your squat looks good. Sandwiches, my friend. You need them.
    Thanks for the feedback, Tom, and thanks for this service for us that cant afford online coaching. I'm sorry for wasting your time with the bad video. Here is a (hopefully) better one with a 10 lbs increase. This is the first set on Friday which i stopped at 4 reps because I taught the form was degrading too much.

If you could spare the time, I would appreciate some feedback on this set aswell.
    I managed to get 4,2,1 reps this training day. This is exactly the same scenario that happened last time i deloaded. I have been gaining weight, and I think my recovery has been on point.

Am I just being a pussy or do I need intermediate programming?

Video: YouTube

Knees out more. Exaggerate it. What you need more than intermediate programming is sandwiches. You are tall and underweight. How much body weight have you gained in the last three months? You don't need to get to 300 lbs, but 189 lbs for your height is a very tough place from which to move a lot of weight. Take some weight off the bar. Get your knees out. Hard. Eat more.

Alright, I deloaded to 242. When i exaggerated knees out, the weight felt harder than it should be. This is probably because pushing my knees out hard is new to my technique. I'll up my eating and keep doing the novice LP. Thanks alot for your advice and time!