starting strength gym

Thread: Squat, a leveling issue

Default Squat, a leveling issue

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I seem to be 'dumping the bar' to my right during the squat. To date, I've looked at my bar positioning, even made some marks on the bar to place myself in the center. I am confident that I am centered.

Also, as you can see form the video, I've been using a TUCB to keep my right knee back.

Thus, my ability to coach myself has been exhausted on this issue. Help.

Video is 3rd set of 5 at 315

YouTube

You have a bit of knee slide, though nothing terrible. If you're asking us to look at what I think you're asking for, a rear view would probably be a better place to start.

I apologize, obviously, you need a good rear view. And, I'll gladly send that (minus the 'good' part).

YouTube

You are hardly dumping the bar to your right. The level of asymmetry you display is unlikely to be problematic. I have to look fairly closely to see a slight rightward shift. Could be a mildly short leg, a little scoliosis, some other structural issue, or, more likely, just a habit that can be corrected through cueing, or even ignored. Truly, if everyone were as symmetrical as you, things would be good. If you like, you can think of shifting slightly to your left as you approach the bottom. However, if you are not in pain, I probably would not worry about this at all. Get yourself some lifting shoes, however. For reals.

Thanks Coaches,

I do not have pain during the movement. Just a less than ideal bar path. I will work on shifting slightly to the left as I approach the bottom, and I will buy some weightlifting shoes