starting strength gym

Thread: Recommendations on cheap OLY shoes

Default Recommendations on cheap OLY shoes

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Any advice on where to get a good pair of Olympic shoes for fairly cheap? First fail on squat this morning since I started running LP. 310 5-3-1 were my reps this morning, and I just felt like crap. Weight was pushing me around, could barely feel my feet. I think it’s time i spring for the shoes. I’m a father of 3, my wife does not currently work, money is tight. I’ve been making good progress in my garage with LP and today was the day I walked out saying, get the shoes.

Also, do I go a size down from my normal shoe size?

I don't keep up with the latest shoe trends, so maybe someone reading knows where to get a low priced pair that performs well. Generally the Adidas Powerlifts are the lowest priced ones I know, but they tend to run narrow and have an EVA midsole (or used to), so will squish some at sufficiently heavy weights, though will still be a lot better than regular sneakers.

I currently use Adidas Powerlifts. I want to say they run about $70ish? Decent shoes, as Wolf said they do have some "squish" to them but are substantially more firm than a normal shoe. Definitely a good shoe to start with.

Not sure what you consider cheap, but I'm pretty sure the current run of Rogue Do-Wins sell for <$100 and don't have the EVA midsole like the Powerlifts. No idea how the quality compares.

I weigh 320 and have wide feet, the Do-Wins are pretty solid IMO. $80-$100