Thread: DL form check

Default DL form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi, coaches!

This is my deadlift. 110kg X 5, Body Weight: 72kg, Age: 30

YouTube

Still have more room. Can I add 5kg next time? And I was goona do A: Deadlift, B: chin up, C: Power Clean but can I still just do A: Deadlift, B: Power Clean?

Thank you for your time!

Deadlifts look good overall. You are combining a few steps into one, however. I would rather see you get your hips in the right place, get your breath, squeeze your back flat, and then drag the bar up your legs. All of that kinda happens at once in your video. This will probably cause some form errors as you go along, although it is not really messing you up now. Go up by 5 kg and put a little separation between your setup steps. If you want to deadlift every other workout, have at it. Hell, you can do chinups afterwards if they make you happy, too.

Ah, answered a non-verified post. Whatevs.

Thank you anyway, Tom. After you told me to buy shoes 3 years ago, several times, I finally got one(even for the shoes, I searched and followed your recommendation on the other post).

I couldn’t lift heavy because of my back problem but somehow I made it to 110kg. It’s still not good but getting better(My back and the progress both).

As soon as I posted this, I found the new sticky. I e-mailed for a verification with store credit information so I hope it works.

I appreciate all of your words.