starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form Check

Default Squat Form Check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi,

Please review my squat. I got some much appreciated help from Tom a while ago, but I couldn't record another video before the thread was closed.

His main critique was that my knees didnt travel enough forward.

The set is at 155 kg x 5 on standard LP programming.

YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Espen Lund View Post
    Hi,

Please review my squat. I got some much appreciated help from Tom a while ago, but I couldn't record another video before the thread was closed.

His main critique was that my knees didnt travel enough forward.

The set is at 155 kg x 5 on standard LP programming.

YouTube
    These look pretty damn good - there's not that much here to fix. You could stand to get your knees forward just a *little* quicker / earlier in the rep, and your head is up a little too much for my liking, but it's not hindering your hip drive out of the hole. But it is still something to fix, and might make you a little less soft at the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Hill View Post
    These look pretty damn good - there's not that much here to fix. You could stand to get your knees forward just a *little* quicker / earlier in the rep, and your head is up a little too much for my liking, but it's not hindering your hip drive out of the hole. But it is still something to fix, and might make you a little less soft at the bottom.
    Thank you, Hill. Good to hear I'm finally on the right path.

Do you see anything wrong with my grip? When starting SS some time ago, I squatted with thumbs above the bar, but with a severe wrist flexion. It resulted in biceps tendonitis. I "fixed" it by wrapping my thumb around, and squatting with wrist extension (hence my wrist wraps).

This was my first time in a long time with thumbs above the bar. It felt good during my squats, and no pain after. 24 hours later, I could start to feel pain in my tendons again. Is it possible that I'm not doing anything wrong, but because I have aggrevated my tendons in the past, that "thumbs above" is out of the question for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Espen Lund View Post
    Do you see anything wrong with my grip? When starting SS some time ago, I squatted with thumbs above the bar, but with a severe wrist flexion. It resulted in biceps tendonitis. I "fixed" it by wrapping my thumb around, and squatting with wrist extension (hence my wrist wraps).
    No, or I would have commented. Drive on.