starting strength gym

Thread: DL form check

Default DL form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024

Hi coaches. In my sight, my form is suck. I really concentrated at squeeze my chest. Also, concentrated squeezing the bar off the floor. But, as you can see......

And after finishing the DL, I got a call from the photo studio downstairs. "The noise was so loud it was like shit." So, I should slow down to reduce noise in negative phase, but I don't know how much to slow it down. Is there any video I can use for reference? Maybe to me, solving this problem is more important than technique. (But, I use rubber floor, rubber mat and rubber coated plate. What the hell is this building?)

Yup. You're still jerking the bar off the floor on some reps. Try this: when you squeeze up, the bar should be getting very heavy in your hands, almost all of the weight. Once this happens, THEN you push the floor away. This will help with your loss of lower back control. You may need to back off on weight a bit to a point that you can do this perfectly, and then work up from there.

The DL is too difficult. Hell. I did back off 10 kg but failed. My friend said "You might get a lumbar disc issue soon". My squat weight(128 kg 5x3) is heavier than DL. Is this possible? Should I practice DL every workout? Do I need more back-extension workout?

THese are pretty good.

As far as the DL being too hard, these did not look all that life-ending. Your back was much better. You need to stop looking in the mirror all the time.

As far as programming goes, how often are you deadlifting? Also: you need to eat more, and read this article: The First Three Questions | Mark Rippetoe
    Last edited by Steve Hill; 03-24-2018 at 01:13 PM.

I do power clean and DL alternate. And, I am 175 cm(5'8") 86 kg(189.9lbs). Do I need eat more?

Have you been putting on weight since you started the program? If the answer is no, or a small number, then the answer to your question on eating more is "Yes."

starting strength coach development program
    As a note of encouragement, the weight does not look heavy for you.

The call from downstairs is entertaining. I wonder if you ruined their photo shoots.

But it looks like you are already downstairs, with the concrete roof above.