starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check

Default Squat form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024

YouTube
    Hey coaches can I get a form check please. This my second reset due to injury. I topped out at 365x5x3 back in February when I tweaked my low back. Then 2 and a half weeks ago I strained an upper abdominal muscle causing me to reset again. In the video I am squatting 280 on my last set. I am 40 yr old and started lp back in October. I weigh 230 lbs up from 205 when I started.

Notice how the last three reps your knees get forward quickly and are still at the bottom of the rep, while on the first two reps, they are still in motion as you reach the bottom. Last three are correct technique.

However, all of these reps are high, unfortunately. Turn your toes out a little more, and sit back more at the bottom (like on the last three reps). Knees out HARD.

Thanks coach! I have always struggled with knee slide and I bounce back and forth between too deep and too shallow. When I go too deep I feel like I get too loose. I haven’t tryed turning my toes out a little more so I am sure that will help.
    By the way I listened to your interview on the bbl podcast today and it was by far my favorite so far.

Quote Originally Posted by William Jim View Post
    Thanks coach! I have always struggled with knee slide and I bounce back and forth between too deep and too shallow. When I go too deep I feel like I get too loose. I haven’t tryed turning my toes out a little more so I am sure that will help.
    By the way I listened to your interview on the bbl podcast today and it was by far my favorite so far.
    I'm glad you enjoyed it. Matt is a really good friend, and Scott is going to be one whether he wants to or not, and it was a rewarding experience. They are both excellent interviewers.