starting strength gym

Thread: Squat stuck on 280lbs?!

Default Squat stuck on 280lbs?!

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    The other week I deloaded my squat from 280 lbs to 230 lbs, after I struggled to complete the reps with that weight, and worked back up in 20 lbs increments each workout, before getting back up to 270 lbs adding 5 lbs from there on. Just last workout of last week I squeezed out 3x5 with 275 lbs.
    I plan on doing a lighter squat day on the middle workout due to the increasing weight.
    However, today I was only able to achieve 5 reps with 280 lbs the first time then I could only squeeze out 3 then 1.
    I don't know if it was just down to an "off day", since my bench press sucked as well, I could only do 3x3,3,2 with 210 lbs when I achieved 3x5 last time.

It seems like there should be a question here,but I’m dammed if I can find it.

Also, you’re not clear as to your lifting schedule leading up to 280 again.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Hill View Post
    It seems like there should be a question here,but I’m dammed if I can find it.

Also, you’re not clear as to your lifting schedule leading up to 280 again.
    Sorry. Lols. I was too busy explaining the situation that I forgot to actually ask the question.

Based on what I explained in my last post, I'm basically asking how do I overcome this apparent plateau?

I'm currently on Phase 3 of SS, and this week plan to make the middle day a "light squat" day, but even still, at this rate its taking me a few workouts to achieve 3x5 with the next 5lbs up from whatever I achieve 3x5 with. If that makes sense.