starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is my LP ending?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by m_sporkboy View Post
    Except that towards the end I eventually gave up on the third set, and just did 2x5, and I had 2.5 months of the only part of my "linear" progression that actually was linear; continuous, five pound jumps like clockwork.
    Mr Skillin wanted to see my trainwreck-LP-with-stretch-of-2x5-progression, so here it is:

workout_graph.jpg

At one point I thought about submitting an article called "I Needed a Coach" based around this graph, but an alternate title would be "look at this dumbass bullshit I did."

That upload is hard to read; you can look here for a better copy: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Quote Originally Posted by m_sporkboy View Post
    That upload is hard to read; you can look here for a better copy: Imgur: The magic of the Internet
    I appreciate you sharing this. It's a very unconventional way to keep a training log. You really don't have this in a notebook, a spreadsheet, or something else a little easier to work with? I can't see this well enough on screen to count the data points, but it looks like you were loading in about 1# increments between maybe mid-March and late May of 2016?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Skillin View Post
    I appreciate you sharing this. It's a very unconventional way to keep a training log. You really don't have this in a notebook, a spreadsheet, or something else a little easier to work with? I can't see this well enough on screen to count the data points, but it looks like you were loading in about 1# increments between maybe mid-March and late May of 2016?
    Oh man, looks like you're right. Another dumb thing I did that I forgot about.

I'll email you the spreadsheet tonight at your SSOC address; it only has top sets, but I have paper logs too if they're of use (perhaps as a warning to others?).

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Hill View Post
    How about trying 10? Or 15? and see what happens.
    At what point do you tell people to stop increasing their rest periods? It seems to work pretty well as a strategy to keep making progress but at the same time my workouts are getting kinda long and I feel like a bit of a jackass for occupying one of the two squat racks for such a long time especially if most of that time is just me resting.

starting strength coach development program
    Nobody else wants the squat racks. Not for squats at least.

I usually say more than ten minutes of rest is cowardice. I am often a coward. Steve is right, though. You probably need more than 7. Bring a book. I recommend Starting Strength: Basic Barbell Training, or Practical Programming, or The Barbell Prescription.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12