starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Squat Form

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Skillin View Post
    Well, some people would probably say that you didn't actually do the program. Actually one person in particular has said that, pretty clearly, in dozens or hundreds of forum posts, a book or two, and in an article.
    Okay, I will go back and review. Would I still be considered a novice then correct? and would I continue to move forward from the weight I'm at or start back to where I was at? After reading the clarification that's why I ask these two questions, I would assume yes I am a novice from reading it, but as far as the weight progression IDK.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Carrillo View Post
    Okay, I will go back and review. Would I still be considered a novice then correct? and would I continue to move forward from the weight I'm at or start back to where I was at? After reading the clarification that's why I ask these two questions, I would assume yes I am a novice from reading it, but as far as the weight progression IDK.
    If you can manage to put yourself in a hormonal state conducive to growth (I'm not the nutrition guy, but are you sure you've been consistently taking down 4,000 kCal?), you'd pretty certainly have the ability to make novice gains. If you're actually failing reps at 232.5 pounds, you should probably re-set a little and make really sure you gain a few pounds by the time you're underneath a bar loaded to 230 again.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Skillin View Post
    If you can manage to put yourself in a hormonal state conducive to growth (I'm not the nutrition guy, but are you sure you've been consistently taking down 4,000 kCal?), you'd pretty certainly have the ability to make novice gains. If you're actually failing reps at 232.5 pounds, you should probably re-set a little and make really sure you gain a few pounds by the time you're underneath a bar loaded to 230 again.
    I will go back and review my diet again, I'll start applying a diary of my eating habits to make sure I'm hitting more than 4000 kcal, I appreciate your time! and the input you did give regarding my technique and programming.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12