starting strength gym

Thread: Groin pain when squatting

Default Groin pain when squatting

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey all. I am a relatively new lifter who has read starting strength, watched Rippetoes videos countless times, and has studied technique for the lifts for a long time before getting into any serious lifting. One day, about a year ago, I was squatting and felt a burning sensation in my upper and inner groin, and towards the back of my groin at about the attachment point of my hamstring and glute. To this day, I cannot squat without my groin bothering me the next day. My left glute, which is the side the injury occurred on, also tends to be extremely sore and when I squeeze or flex that glute, tends to be somewhat painful. I’m worried about getting a hernia, but want to get stronger and I know the squat is essential for doing so. I can attach a video of my form if a responder needs. I’m just 17 and don’t want to risk any early injuries that could effect me down the road.

Hey Cameron
    Being that you're 17, and basically made of plastic and hormones, you'll likely be just fahne.
    Were you diagnosed with anything when it happened last year? Can you deadlift and train otherwise?