starting strength gym

Thread: Asking for some Deadlift tips.

Default Asking for some Deadlift tips.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey Guys,

I would like to consider my self an experienced lifter, but I know I'm probably not.

My numbers are "alright"

I currently have a 295 Bench, 365 Squat & 455 Deadlift.

However, with that being said I have only recently decided to really pay attention to my form and I have been able to correct both my squat form and bench form effortlessly, however I can't seem to nail down my Deadlift.

I am used to just walking up to the bar, getting tense, bending down and picking it up all in 1 swift movement, but I have noticed that I have a slight round that I wanted to correct before I got up to the 500lb range.

Fast forward to now, I have discovered that I can't set up with a belt on, which is fine, because I'll just train beltless for a little bit just to get the form down but I can't seem to get the form down either? either that or the weight just seems a shit ton heavier when I set up properly vs before, is this normal?

I was doing sets of 135, 225, and I attempted a 315 today and holy shit my lower back is so damn stiff, almost feels like I've been doing back extensions.

Is this normal?

Many thanks for any tips, and help!

Hey
    Happy to help, but please check out the stickies at the top of the forum about submitting form checks to make sure the criteria is met.
    Including verification and camera tips. Singles aren't great for technique feedback.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Troupos View Post
    Hey
    Happy to help, but please check out the stickies at the top of the forum about submitting form checks to make sure the criteria is met.
    Including verification and camera tips. Singles aren't great for technique feedback.
    Thanks

Hey Pete,

I prematurely posted this post, I appreciate the reply.

I will take a look at the stickies and record properly next pull day.

That being said, would you consider what you see in the video to be lower back rounding? (Just so I have some sort of degree of what to look for when I go to the gym next time)

Thanks for the help, and I apologize for not reading the stickies.

I don't think you set your back into extension hard enough.