starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form Check

Default Squat Form Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    General Stats, 33 yo male, 205 lbs. The below is my fifth set of 5 at 300. I have been having some right-sided low-back/upper-butt pain over the last few weeks, gradual onset, maybe form related (if one believes in that sort of thing).

The things that I have noticed, 1) the wrist extension 2) Knee slide at the bottom 3) Right-sided tilt at the bottom

YouTube

Hey Hunter
    Definitely need to lower the elbows and set your upper back into extension before you start. Lifting the chest to extend the thoracic spine should trap the bar so that you don't feel the need to keep the elbows cranked up.
    Fixing the thoracic spine, leaning over sooner, and staying leaned over at the bottom will help keep the hips back and address the knees slide.
    Check out the grip videos on our youtube channel for the squat and see if you can't get that sorted. Fixing the upper back/grip is going to help correct some things downstream.
    Good luck.

Still having a thought time keeping the elbows down and pinned to my side, but the tilt seems less

YouTube