starting strength gym
Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Work in Progess

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Are you benching every workout? What does your weekly schedule look like for lifting days?

Silly me, I forgot to mention my routine. I went on SS until I began to notice persistent fatigue. Then I switched the advanced novice routine, which is as follows:

Monday: Squat, bench/press, chin ups
    Weds: Front squat or light squats, bench/press, deadlift/ power clean
    Friday: Squat, bench/press, pull ups

I had the same thing happen to me when I was in college. Campus dr. basically blew me off. Then three days later my throat blossomed into 20+ canker-sore ulcers. I went to a regular dr and the verdict was...mono.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.City View Post
    Went to the campus doctor today, and he told me that I don't have mono since, in addition to fatigue, I should very sore throat and enlarged lymph notes. I don't know what this is then. I'm taking a week off from the gym and will probably start back up with light weight.

Welp, either way, I'm taking it easy next week, and hopefully, I'm back on my way to squatting 300 lbs with no gold ball-sized lymph notes.

I agree. Campus doctors aren't usually great for anything other than handing out nsaids and such. Try to take time off, get diet/sleep in check and see how you feel when you return.

Won't be posting much week. Just trying to get as much rest as I can.

Odd. I've become ill for the last couple days, along with the usual symptons: lack of appetite, fatigue, running/stuffed up nose, stomach problems. However, I'm beginning to feel better. We'll see how it goes on Monday.

Monday's lifts

SQ 205 lbs. 3x5
    BP 165 lbs. 3x5
    DL 215 lbs. 1x5

God, does it feel good to be back. However, the week of deloading, combined with the straight week of off, has left me deconditioned. My legs were sore, my bench was damn shaky, and the squats left me gasping for breath. That's fine though. I'm back and that's all the matters.

Wednesdays lifts

SQ 215 3x5
    Press 100 3x5
    PC 110 5x3

Squat are still kicking my ass. It's strange. They feel tough, but not like, " Oh God, I don't think I can do this" tough. I'm still winded and my glutes and hammies are sore afterwards, however the soreness does not persist.

Press was shaky, and I missed the last rep of the last set because I was letting the come forward too much. Power cleans felt easy- I should of used more weight- , but I need to work on getting rid of that arc when I bring the bar into the racking position.

I haven't been posting my diet log because, simply, school has kept me too busy. Pretty much it's this:

Breakfast: scrambled egg or omelet with veggies/turkey, grapefruit, water, glass of skim

Lunch: veggies, chicken/ beef, glass of skim milk

Dinner: veggies, chicken/beef, glass of skim milk

I eat in a dining hall on campus, so I eat until I'm stuffed.

starting strength coach development program
    SQ 225 3x5
    BP 175 3x5
    DL 235 1x5

Squat feel easier now. In fact, my hams and glutes were sore before the gym, but now they don't feel sore at all. ...huh. Bench was easy but shaky. Deadlift felt brutal. Also, my squat feels off, like it's slopply or loose somehow.

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast