starting strength gym
Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243

Thread: Work in Progess

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    No training today unfortunately. I had about 3-4 hour of sleep after some late night fun with a lady friend. I feel ...drugged, sluggish, and achy too. I'm not sure if handling weight is a good idea at this point. I'm thinking that I should probably eat a little more protein, go to bed early, and try not to do anything that boosts my cortisol too much/ upset my hormones any further. Also, I'm not technically cleared to lift on my left foot yet.

Edit: Yeah, I am super out of it. No training today.
    Last edited by Mr.City; 08-26-2011 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.City View Post
    No training today unfortunately. I had about 3-4 hour of sleep after some late night fun with a lady friend. I feel ...drugged, sluggish, and achy too. I'm not sure if handling weight is a good idea at this point. I'm thinking that I should probably eat a little more protein, go to bed early, and try not to do anything that boosts my cortisol too much/ upset my hormones any further. Also, I'm not technically cleared to lift on my left foot yet.

Edit: Yeah, I am super out of it. No training today.
    Fun with the lady drains the legs of power & hormone levels [ if you're doing it right ]. Sad but true. This is why working out in the morning is the best: the rest of the day is free for whatever comes your way.

Morning sex maybe a problem depending how early you wake up.

Well, it was late night sex that turned into morning sex. I got home around 4:30 ish and couldn't fall asleep until 5 am. I just can't sleep late, so I work up around 9:30 or so, and the lack of sleep/food just wrecked me. The EC stack has made my sex drive go up. And Msingh was right; I'm a category 3 (25%+ body fat).

EC stack?

Ephedrine and caffeine stack. Blunts hunger, preserves muscle, and burns fat faster.

My foot has been feeling like shit the last couple days. Dieting and injury don't go well together, but I thought that the injury was healing enough that the diet wouldn't impact it. Going on how it feels tonight and tomorrow, I might suspend the diet until the fracture heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.City View Post
    Ephedrine and caffeine stack. Blunts hunger, preserves muscle, and burns fat faster.
    Thanks! Sorry to hear about the foot flare up. Sometimes, unfortunately, our diets and injuries get in the way of each other.

starting strength coach development program
    First day of eating at maintenance...kinda. No food in the house since I was eating RFL-style, so I had to wing it.

I should be taking in around 3000 cals a day (give or take a 200 or so)

with about 280 ish protein, 290 ish carbs, 100 or so grams of fat. These are based of moving to maintenance calculator by Lyle McDonald. The carbs are kinda high because I'm on classified as a moderately active (3 or so hours of working out a week along with basic moving around). The bump in carbs made me feel pretty good and today's training went really.

OHP: 115x2x2, 115x8
    Lateral raises
    decline situps 10x3
    DB swings: 4 sets of 50 reps

No squatting or deadlifting until the doc checks me out.

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243