starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nauticus's Log

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by kunnar View Post
    I had exactly same problem. Probably it happened because of incorrect grip when doing low bar squats. But it is hard to take correct grip if you are already injured and if shoulder flexibility is also bad. My solution was switching to high bar squats, high bar does not demand as good shoulder flexibility as low bar squats. I thought that i switch to high bar only temporarily, now my shoulders are already fine and flexibility is also much better (i do regularly shoulder dislocations), but i still hesitate to move back to low bar. It is good thing if you can do heavy presses and cleans after heavy squatting.
    Flexibility shouldn't be a problem. I've been doing low bar for months. I'm not hostile to high bar, and I'm considering alternating them with LB in the future.

starting strength coach development program
    Sorry I haven't been posting. Had a couple more shitty workouts and partially tweaked my back after my last post. Took a week off.

Squats - Deloaded to 235. Did 4, 4, and 5 reps. I think I've finally got decent form that includes hip drive. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOhFasp4SgQ

Bench - 185 for 5, 5, and 5 reps. Felt easy. Used more leg drive.

Deadlift - My back complained during warm-up sets, so I did some weighted back extensions instead to get blood in the area.

I'm going to be switching my program to where I'll squat, bench, and alternate deads/power cleans in workout A and squat, press, chin, and back extend in workout B.
    Last edited by Nauticus; 01-15-2010 at 04:00 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12