starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: David's journey from puney to powerful

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Tonights workout was good:

Squats: 3x5x65 The first set felt so heavy, but after some serious psyching up the other two were great, felt very fluid.
    Bench: 3x5x42.5
    Deadlift: 3x5x72.5 felt amazingly easy

All in all I think I'm progressing well

Hardly got any sleep last night and my toad of a boss asked me to come in early so was doubly cost!!

Thought I'd fail on the squats due to this but they were suprisingly good.

Squats: 3x5x67.5
    Press: 3x35, 2x35. 5x30.5 unbelieveable if I've stalled on the progression already but I'm hoping that it was just down to being incredibly tired.
    Power cleans: 3x5x40 they bought some bumper plates at my gym so I jumped up to 40 and started doing proper cleans instead of hang cleans. Felt good, apart from the fact that my racking sucks absolute shaven monkey balls.

Squat: 3x5x70
    Bench: 3x5x45

I skipped deadlifts tonight as some ape spent most of my allotted gym time bicep curling in the squat rack, and I had to play two games of football so thought I'd have a little bit of a rest. Squat felt very heavy tonight, bench felt good. Im not eating enough!!

Default 2 updates for the price of one!

squats 3x5x72.5
    press 3x5x30
    cleans gym was too packed, so had to give them a miss

squats 3x5x75 PB!
    bench 3x5x47.5
    deadlifts 5x80

squat 3x5x77.5 felt so heavy at first i thought i was going to fail! but i manned up and got angry and the last 2 sets went up great.
    press: 3x5x32.5 feels so heavy but ive been eating a shitload and doing my gomad so hopefully il b ok.
    cleans: 3x5x20 went back to practicing with the bar just so i can get the racking perfect before moving up the weights.

I haven't been good with training recently due to other priorities and a small injury, but here are my last two workouts:

squat: 80x5x2 80x3 felt so heavy!!
    bench: 80x5x50 no probs
    deadlift: 85x5 i feel as if im favouring my right side too much, may need to correct this

squat: i injured my ham on monday night playing football, and it didnt feel good in my warm up sets so i thought I'd give it a rest
    press: 32.5x5x3 no probs
    cleans: 22.5x5x3 getting much better at racking

Im going to reset my squat back down to 70 on my next workout to get better form and to give me a chance to put some extra weight on which I hope will make it easier.

I did a full GOMAD aswell as eating shit loads of food last week in the hope of putting on some much needed bulk. Everyone in my office now thinks I'm a complete weirdo with all this milk sitting on my desk. So i went out and got smashed after rugby on sat woke up sunday afternoon all happy that I'm going to break the scales, and after gorging myself on milk I'd lost a pound!!!!
    Unbelieveable, im going to do another week and if it stays the same it protein shakes and disguting amounts of yellow food for me!

OK im back. After injuries and having no time to train ive been back doing SS for 3 weeks with pull ups and dips added in.

Its going well and I think my squat technique is very good now.

My last work out was as follows:

squat 3x5x70
    bench 3x5x47.5
    deadlift 5x80
    pull ups: 5, 4, 2

starting strength coach development program
    todays work out:
    squat 3x5x72.5 i missed breakfast and it was soooo hot today so i hope thats why i found this weight hard.
    press 3x5x30 terrible form on the final reps but they went up
    row: 3x5x42.5
    dips: 2,2,1

looked at my first post and found that I had reached one of my goals, i am over 13 and a half stone so my new objective is to get to 14.25.

time to eat and sleep

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12