starting strength gym
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: LondonTiger's LOG

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Yeah, you'll stop thanking me when you reach your new limits for 5 triples. I am ready to pass out after powercleans.

Also, powercleans are powercleans, they are not cleans... just a little confusing when reading, that's all. Cleans are cleans, but for some reason people have created the term "squat cleans" to mean the same thing and generate lots of confusion.

Post up how you feel after the 5 tripples... today it should be easy because you're doing 5-rep weight, basically...

Quote Originally Posted by MazdaMatt View Post

Also, powercleans are powercleans, they are not cleans... just a little confusing when reading, that's all. Cleans are cleans, but for some reason people have created the term "squat cleans" to mean the same thing and generate lots of confusion.
    The term "clean" merely describes the act of getting the barbell from the ground to the shoulders in one "clean" movement, as opposed to a continental clean.

They don't call it the Squat-Clean and Jerk at the olympics. Is any other kind of clean legal? (though, i suppose a PC would be legal, but good luck making it to the olympics).

Ok this workout is a bit different from prescribed in the program because of a bad knee I have... I really hope this is one of these "twitches" you get every now and again, and not a major surgery

bench 72.5kg reps(5,5,5) - great work, slow on the last few reps.. But will move up weight... 75kg is my PR, if I can do it for reps, I'll be over the moon.

SOHP 45kg reps(3,3,3.5) this is to be expected, good lifts, 2.5kg is a large increment for the SOHP, will manage to get 5's in the next WO with 45kg.. Good work

Cleans 65kg reps(3,3,3,3,3) holy crap, much harder than 5,5,5.

This was a really fun workout, 3 lifts which need a lot of improvement bingled up into one session.. nice.. But man, the cleans did aggravate my knee a little.

Haha, glad you enjoyed 5x3

Quote Originally Posted by MazdaMatt View Post
    They don't call it the Squat-Clean and Jerk at the olympics. Is any other kind of clean legal? (though, i suppose a PC would be legal, but good luck making it to the olympics).
    Its not rare to seem someone power clean at the olympics, you can also see people power jerk instead of split jerk.

And the other form of clean or snatch would be the split version.

Bench Press 75kg reps(4,4,4) couldn't hit 5, still proud of my lift, even if I did hit 5 I wouldn't go up cos the lift was a real big struggle. Next session will hit 5 reps and go up in weight the following session. Good work

SOHP 45kg reps(3,3,3) urrggh... stuck on the same reps on same lift.

Power clean 67.5kg reps(2.5,3,3,2,2) repeat

As per last workout, knee still a bit sore, so focusing onaqvoiding the heavy lifts that use knees.

Will phone doc the day after tomorrow, meanwhile got hold of the Bulletproof knees, to understand the knee and do rehab work if possible.

btw this workout is a cry for fractionals if there ever was one.

starting strength coach development program
    Took a long break away from training, started a new job, had a lot of interviews with 3 different firms and this played havoc with my training and diet and also occupied my mind a lot in-between whilst preparing for the interviews. Because of those reasons and the fact that my knee was messed up I dropped all training.

Now I’ve started my job and settled in, and started to form a work routine I’m starting to train again.

Today had a crap breakfast and junk food for lunch and started training.. My appetite goes crap when I don’t train, and every session back from a long break I’m always a bit fatigued because of lack of energy.. Hopefully today’s session will spur me back, make me hungry (literally), and I’ll eat a lot more for the next session.

Lifts

Squat 127.5kg reps(3,3,2.5) – not impressed.. But too stubborn to deload (probably should had 4 session on this weight and no hope of going up in a while)

Bench 75kg reps(5,5,5) – felt a bit weird, didn’t warm up, so the weight felt really heavy even though I lifted it fine

Deadlift 125kg reps(5) – with the powerlifiting belt, this lift was quite easy, was having problems before (if you check my log above). I'm also deadlifting properly.. That is allow the bar to drop dead on the floor, and pause and then do the next rep. Before the bar was barly touching the floor in-between the sets, and sometimes even bouncing back up from the floor. Now I am actually deadlifting..

P.s. I've installed a dictionary on mozilla firefox, so now my spelling should improve a lot more in my posts.
    Last edited by LondonTiger; 06-07-2010 at 02:11 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345