• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Body Weight: 191

Squats: 230
    Bench: 180
    Deadlifts: 285
    Chins: BW x6 x5 x4

Reattempted 230 to correct depth problems. The issue was that my stance was actually too wide. brought it in some and pointed toes out more, then focused on my knees. That did the trick... great push through a sticking point.

Big new PR on the deadlift. the video shows a little bit of an issue of my butt going up too much, but this is easily fixable. Going up to 305 next.

Need. To. Eat. MORE.
    Last edited by tweakxc03; 03-13-2010 at 06:47 PM.

Default Workout 12

Body Weight: 194

Squat: 235 - accidentally did 6 reps on the first set. lost count.
    Press: 105 - struggled on the last rep. Need to drop down to 2.5# jumps
    Cleans: 165 - form fucking sucks. Can't get full hip extension for the life of me, regardless of how heavy/light the weight is. not sure what to do to fix it.
    Chins: bw x6 x5 x4 - going up to 6-5-5 on thursday.

Fighting a cold right now so I felt a little under the weather, but still managed to pound out the squats, so that's good. on to 240 on Thursday.
    Need to make sure i do a lot between now and then to recover as much as possible.

not sure what to do about the cleans. the form just is not good. drills don't seem to help.

anyway, so far so good. weight gain is NOT where it needs to be. gotta get better about food intake.

Default Workout 13

Body Weight: 196

Squats: 240
    Bench: 185
    Deadlift: 305
    Chins: BW x6 x5 x5

First rep of the deadlift was garbage... off-balance, but i think i was actually surprised at how easily the bar came up. after that they were ok. Still need to work on back angle. Slight back rounding at the end, but good. I think when i get my lifting shoes in, the added stability will help a lot.

Squats were ok... knees need a little bit of work at the bottom I think, but overall they were good, but heavy.

Bench was good. Movin on up to 190 next. Chins were very easy. Might even move up to x7 x5 x5 next workout.

My body weight is finally starting to move again, which is good.... However, all of the weight seems to be in my legs, ass, and lower/middle back. The intensity of the squats and deadlifts is just higher than the press and the bench right now i guess? Not sure what I need to do here, if anything... i probably need to just be patient.

Default Workout 14

Body Weight: 197

Squat: 245 x 5 x5 x2
    Press: 107.5 x5 x4 x4
    Clean: lower back fried. Worked on clean pulls, did a few full cleans at 95, 135, then one at 165.
    Chins: BW x6 x5 x5

shitty workout.

I don't know what happened, but my lower back was fried before I even finished my warmup on squats. Ended up taking like 5 minutes or so, maybe more, in between sets. Failed after the 2nd rep in set 3.

I'm guessing my lower back was still recovering from the deadlifts and squats on Thursday. Going to do a lot of foam rolling, maybe some icing between now and Monday.

Failed on the last rep of sets 2 and 3 for the press also. The outside of my left elbow started hurting like a bitch on the way down. I've had this before, I guess it's similar to tennis elbow, but I'm not sure exactly what I need to do to keep it from becoming a problem.

The cleans were of course garbage. I did make some progress on getting the hip extension at the top of the clean pull. Definitely need to back the weight way down to 135 or so and perfect my form, then gradually work it back up. I just went up too fast.

Even my chins were struggling a little bit today.... Maybe I'm just starting to slow down in terms of recovery.

definitely need to eat more to support more gains in strength.
    Last edited by tweakxc03; 03-23-2010 at 01:45 PM.

Default Workout 14

Squats: 245, Second Attempt x5, x5, x4
    Bench: 190
    Deadlifts: 225 x5, 275 x3, x2, major failure
    Chins: BW x6 x5 x6

Today was first workout with a belt and my lifting shoes (rips). the squats felt better, but my knees are still caving in on the way up.

Bench felt great.

The deadlifts were total shit. I don't know what happened, but everything just felt awkward. probably will just take some adjusting to get used to the shoes and all that. I more than likely spent more energy on the warmups, as I was focusing on putting the bar back down carefully and setting up properly.

I'm having a tough time with the deadlift setup. 1" from my shin seems different from what would be the middle of the foot for me... anyway, i'm going to have to reassess my form and get this right.

might be time for a reset just for the sake of correcting my squat and deadlift form.
    Last edited by tweakxc03; 03-23-2010 at 01:46 PM.

Default Workout 15

This is Workout 16... Deloaded on Squats, Cleans

Squats: 225
    Press: 107.5
    Cleans: 135
    Last edited by tweakxc03; 03-29-2010 at 04:29 PM.

Default Workout 17

Body Weight: 198

Squats: 230
    Bench Press: 195
    Deadlift: 275

Everything felt lots better today. Shoes feel good, belt feels good. Deadlifts were cake, squat form felt lots better. lower back feels good also.

Amazing what rest and food will do.

update: inside of left petellar tendon is sore today. I think this still indicates my left knee is sliding forward and/or caving in out of the bottom of the squats. Need to work on this and get it fixed before moving up in weight.
    Last edited by tweakxc03; 03-30-2010 at 11:20 AM.

Default Workout 18

Squat: 240
    Press: 110
    Clean: 145
    Chins: BW x7 x6 x5

Squats felt really good today. Low back was burning in between sets, but worked through it just fine.

Press felt a LOT better after making some form adjustments. The video looked very odd, like the bar was uneven, but it could have been from my friend wobbling the camera.

Cleans are getting a little better.

Default Workout 19

Weight: 202

Squat: 245
    Bench: 200
    Deadlift: 295

squats felt great... good workout today

Default Workout 19

starting strength coach development program
    [WORKOUT 20]

Weight: 202

Squats: 250
    Press: 112.5
    Clean: 165
    Chins: x7 x6 x5

Presses felt much better, squats were cake, cleans are getting there. Great push through the sticking point on squats.

good workout.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast