5'10"
    266lbs naked
    BF Im gusessing 35%+

Squat 190lb
    Bench 165lb
    Press 105lb
    DL 225lb
    PC 95lb

I am just learning the PC I had the opurtunity to spend a few mminutes with Justin and Rip @WFAC last week and they gave me some pointers.

I normaly work out in my Garage alone so I dont typicaly get feed back on my form so I will try and post some videos to get your input.

Good luck. I'm jealous that you got some coaching from Justin and Rip.

2010-02-23

BW 267.5 up 1.5 lbs

Squat 3x5x195
    Press 3x5x110
    PC 5x3x95

Work out was a little later and slower than usual, I had to watch the Hockey Game -GO CANADA! and then my wife and here friend were working out as well...

Squat felt good, my form seems to be coming around

Press, got better each set

I feel like a retard doing Power Cleans. I guess I am a slow learner but my "form" or lack of realy sucks!

On words and upwards
    Last edited by Razor; 02-26-2010 at 11:37 AM. Reason: forgot to add date

Good luck with SS,
    don't beat your self about your form Its probably the most technical lift, in my mind anyway. A little advice, take the time to learn it right, read the notes in starting strength, lastly I personally find it easier to practise form with a little weight on and not an empty bar. All the best.

From one Fat Hobbit to another, good luck and welcome to teh forumz.

Thanks Dusty, I definitely want to perfect my form, the power clean seams like the ultimate exercise for strength and power...

2010-02-25

BW 266 lbs

Squat 3x5x200
    Bench 3x5x165
    Dead 1x5x245

Everything felt good added L-arginine and L- Glutamine and Creatine as supplimets as well as my regular mega doses of Multi Vitamins

2010-02-27

BW 267.5

Squat 3x5x205
    Press 3x5x115
    Power clean 5x3x100

My joint are a little sore in the morning but discomfort goes away with warm up sets. Getting stronger, one bite of the Elephant at a time...

2010-03-02

BW 268.5

Feel like 10lbs of shit in a 5lb bag.

Not going to lift to day rather not fill my drawers with liquid stool.

Have nasty head cold and have been taking Echinacea it is helping with the cold but I think it is giving me the shits...

I am drinking plenty of fluids and still taking my Vitamins so hopefully I dont get to dehydrated...

starting strength coach development program
    2010-03-04

BW 265- The diarrhea gods kicked the crap out of me

Squat 3x5x225 PR
    Bench 3x5x175 PR
    Dead 1x5 265

Still a little tired and weak from being sick but the extra time off made me pumped to lift.
    I jumped my weight on the Bench and Squat by 10 pounds and had no problem getting my work sets done. I kept my DL increase at 20lbs I didn't want to go to crazy...
    Through out the last few days of being sick a focused on keeping hydrated and getting my supplements in. I’m sure most of the supplements just passed through my bowels at such a rate little absorption was able to occur. With the drop in BW obviously some dehydration took place as well.

I have been under the care of a Chiropractor for a couple of years for what started as neck pain and lower back pain. As any good chiro does, he took x-rays, and measurements and did analysis. From this he discovered that the curvature in my cervical spine was nearly gone. I had a 1 degree “curve” in my neck instead of the “normal” 30+ degree curve. This plus the transition from C7 to T1 was very miss aligned my spinal cord had to make a sharp bend as it descended. As well he observed a 7 degree rotation in my Pelvis.

I had schedule a reevaluation this week to see if things were getting better/ worse/ staying the same. I was feeling much better but wanted to see the real numbers. He took x-rays Wednesday and did the evaluation and I went in for a follow up today. He was “giddy as a school girl” as he put both x-rays up on the board and showed that the curve in my cervical was now 14 degrees and the transition from C7 to T1 and improved as well and the rotation of my pelvis had improved from 7 degrees to 4 degrees. Al the spacing between vertebrae looked great and I had no sign of degeneration at all. This mad me very happy as my 40th Bday is only 18 work outs away.

Moral of the story; a good Chiro and smart strength training can make huge changes to your life.

Now I need to Summit Mount Fat at 270lbs and begin the slow decent to base camp 1 at 245lbs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast