starting strength gym

Thread: MF's SS log

Default MF's SS log

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Started Feb. 26

Bodyweight - 159#

Worked up to these weights. Ended when bar was moving slower. Did 2 more sets of 5.

Squat - 145
    MP - 80
    DL - 195

Feb 28th

Bodyweight 159.25

Squat - 155
    Bench - 125
    Hang Clean - 95 (I will be switching to power cleans. For some reason I thought it was hang cleans)
    Last edited by MFurey; 03-02-2010 at 12:48 PM.

March 2nd.

Turned 31 today. I'm around 5'9.5"

Bodyweight - 161.75

Squat - 165
    MP - 85
    DL - 205

Last rep on third set took a bit of effort. I'm thinking I didn't rest enough between sets. Really focused on pushing out knees today in the squat.

Good job! stay with it the strength gains come fast as long as your eating enough.

Saturday, March 6, 2010

I missed a day. My only excuse is that I got home from work, and found out that plans had been made for me, so I was unable (without disrupting those 'plans') to get a workout in yesterday.

Bodyweight - 161.75 : I have no real excuse for this. I thought I was eating enough. I was sick on tuesday night/wednesday morning, but I thought I made up for it. I guess not. Need to eat more.

Squat - 175 : 5, 3, 4 : Not very good day of squatting. That last rep I nearly fell forward after giving all I had. Damn. Was disappointed in this, but I gave it effort. I guess I go with 175 again next time.

MP - 90 : Felt good and strong. Going to continue with 5# increments, but I felt good on this lift. I didn't do BP, because well I'm just cutting the BP out. I always workout alone, and never feel like I can push myself in the BP. Based on Starting Strength, and what I've read from Bill Starr, I'm not convinced that the BP is necessary under my circumstances.

PC - 105 : Felt strong on this lift. Really worked on catching it in a good clean position. Need to go heavier to ensure that my legs are being used more, as sometimes I felt it in the legs, other times I think my arms were doing too much of the work. Still, I really enjoy this lift. Wish I had bumpers at the gym though.

---

I'm going to go ahead and stick to my original schedule and lift tomorrow, just later in the day to hopefully allow enough recovery.