Thread: Andrew's training log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Friday 23 April 2010 Workout

Squat - 1 x 0 x 100, 3 x 5 x 85
    Bench - 2 x 3 x 62.5, 1 x 2 x 62.5
    Deadlift - 1 x 3 x 100

Bombed again after bricking it before the 100. So decided to reset there and then down to 85. The 85s I feel I did with decent form, but they really took it out of me for some reason. After the 3rd set my heart was absolutely racing. Then felt knackered and sick.

So struggled with the bench and went so for a lower weight on deadlift. The bench definitely needs to be reset now. I'll go down to 55kg and do a progression of 55, 57.5, 60, 61, 62, 62.5, 63.5...

Diet and Recovery for Week 9

Got through Monday to Thursday with good calories but then messed it up at the weekend. Fell asleep early on Friday and had an excellent 10 hours sleep but without the last meal's worth of calories. On Saturday just before going out, for the first time really thought about my new size and could really feel the added 10kg in a good way. I think I've grown in a good proportion - can definitely feel hams and glutes have grown the most, but also the upper chest area a lot. My legs are definitely a lot bigger than before but they don't necessarily look it because the quads are smaller in proportion.

Unfortunately then messed it up straight after that but it's pretty rare that I'll be drinking/messing up recovery. I think when I do drink I should just make sure I eat the same as normal and then I will barely affect the progress. I think that a big part of following any sort of program is to try and minimise the effect of occasions when you can't stick to the program to the letter. And I suppose trying to minimise the number of the occasions. I think the next 6 weeks are going to be tough to stick to the program but just gotta try and hang in there. Then through summer I should be able to stick to it well and hopefully get to all of my goals. I actually can't wait to be 90kg now, at least for a bit.

Mon - 4183
    Tue - 3959
    Wed - 4050
    Thu - 4098
    Fri - ??? (around 3500)
    Sat - ??? (around 2800 + alcohol)
    Sun - 3095

starting strength coach development program
    Big delay between updates (5 weeks) but I have still been lifting in this time. I haven't been writing down much but basically during exams I deloaded and didn't work my way back to setting new PRs until the last couple of weeks, when I've been eating properly as well. My stats are now:

Bodyweight: ~80kg (82.0kg at workout time)
    5 x 3 Squat: 105kg
    5 x 3 Bench: 62.5kg (5 x 2, 1 x 4 at 65kg)
    5 x 1 Deadlift: 110kg
    5 x 3 Press: 40kg (5 x 2, 1 x 3 at 42.5kg)

I've stopped doing power cleans and have been doing chins or pullups instead - basically doing the Wichita Falls program. I think I'll only bring power cleans back when I can do 8 rep bodyweight chins (hopefully soon).

I've started using a belt for squats and deadlifts which has helped. Squats are damn hard now - I get nervous before sets and sometimes get sick in my mouth during/after sets.

The weight gain seems to have slowed/stopped, but it's hard to tell because I've only been eating 4000 calories again the past week or so. Maybe I'll up this soon.

I'm on holiday next week so sadly I'm taking a week off, but hopefully it won't reduce my strength too much. It's a hill walking holiday so I'll try to get enough protein and hopefully it will help with cardio/fat loss a bit. When I get back I'll be doing it properly again for quite a while and hopefully can tidy up the rest of my targets.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345