Thread: Older newbie woman's 8 week don't fall off the wagon log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Workout 5

Squat 3x5x60
    Dumbbell Bench Press 3x5x36.5
    Deadlift 3x5x70

I haven't taken pictures yet, that is a good idea. That would scare me into working out, if I post them where I have to see them every day.

Glad I made it to workout #5. The weights are starting to feel heavier, which isn't a bad thing.

Workout 6

Squat 3x5x65
    Press 3x5x35
    Power Clean 5x3x35

Quote Originally Posted by tennies View Post
    Any other women out there logging workouts? I need inspiration.
    Nice log tennies I will be following. I am still 31 weeks pregnant but will do my SS log on here when I am able to (my goal is 4-6 weeks postpartum). I did SS for about 8 months prior to my pregnancy.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by alis View Post
    I am still 31 weeks pregnant but will do my SS log on here when I am able to (my goal is 4-6 weeks postpartum). I did SS for about 8 months prior to my pregnancy.

Good luck!
    Thank you, Alis, and good luck with your pregnancy! I felt good enough to workout at 6 weeks postpartum, but the docs said wait an extra two. I also did starting strength before my first pregnancy in 2006, but lost my log book, I can't remember how many months I had been working.

May I ask at what weight you started, and what weight you worked up to? Just curious. When I find my log book I will post.

Heather

Workout 7

Squat 3x5x70
    Dumbbell Bench Press 3x5x41.5 (20.75 lbs. / dumbbell)
    Deadlift 1x5x80 lbs.

Notes:

Approaching the squats make me cringe at the start of the workout, but I feel so good afterwards. Squat form started to go on the last work set.

Deadlifts felt good.

Quote Originally Posted by tennies View Post
    Thank you, Alis, and good luck with your pregnancy! I felt good enough to workout at 6 weeks postpartum, but the docs said wait an extra two. I also did starting strength before my first pregnancy in 2006, but lost my log book, I can't remember how many months I had been working.

May I ask at what weight you started, and what weight you worked up to? Just curious. When I find my log book I will post.
    Hi Heather,

You mean workout weights, right? Well, I didn't do a great job the first round, so I hope to eat more and work harder the second time around. Now that I look back in my journal, I realize I only started SS on July 7 until Sep 19! That's only 3 months including an almost one month vacation - that's some bad math! What was I thinking? Anyways, here are my two & a half months of SS.

These were my last work weights (x5 or x1 for deadlift)..
    Squat- 45lbs -> 115lbs (PR 135lbs)
    Bench- 45lbs -> 65lbs (PR 75lbs)
    Press- 30lbs -> 55lbs (PR 60lbs)
    Deadlift- 145lbs -> 185lbs (PR 190lbs)
    Power Clean- 55lbs -> 75lbs (PR 95lbs)

5'5 and 119lbs bodyweight.

I'm going to eat more the next time around... That was an issue for my progress.

Great Job Heather. I know how tough it is after a c-section! You inspired me to post my log.

Wow, thank you, Alis, your lifting weights look great. Thank you for posting! And Tonya, I will check out your log as soon as I can. The more women posting here the better!

Workout 8

Squat 3x5x75
    Press 3x5x40
    Power Clean 5x3x37.5

Workout was this morning instead of last night, I fell asleep with the baby after getting the older one to bed. Woke up too late to workout! Will do the next one as planned Friday night.

The press just felt so difficult today, my left arm felt very weak, and I couldn't balance my grip. I found out why after my 3 sets...I had an extra 2.5 lbs on the left side! Ooops! I had never done that before. Won't again, if I can help it!

Was sore on the warmup sets for the squats, but was able to finish and felt good about them.

starting strength coach development program
    Wow I'm very impressed by your post c-section progress. Damn but you ladies that lift after having babies are tough! Nice to have some company.
    Cheers!
    Gwynn

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast