starting strength gym
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mr. Burns SS Beginner Log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Was it on your left side? Here's another resource of people who injured their rib during leg presses or squats. And I don't think it was because of belts either, and another person mentioned breathing instead of a belt...

yeah it was on my left side. I'm just going to work through it and hope it goes away relatively fast cause it hurts when I'm in the hole.

I think I had it too high up when I did it too, been putting it on lower ever since the injury.

For the belt, I get the feeling my injury might have been due to the belt being too tight, and also being at the very limit of fitting me. I'm sucking it up too, I did some chin ups, ran to work, hurt like a bitch, but uh... I kinda like the feeling of being injured all over :P

How tight is your belt by the way? I think my problem is that I gained 5+ pounds and didn't adjust my belt accordingly since I got better at sucking my stomach in...

wow, we're in the same boat for sure. my belt barely fits me. by the time it was shipped to me I went up 4 belt sizes so im at the last rung on the belt, or the second last. I think I hurt myself when I was on the second last which is now too tight for me.

04/06/2010

squats: 245# x 5 x 3
    press: 112.5# x 5 x 3
    rows: 130# x 5 x 3

my rib is still hurting like hell but I thought of Mark and his attitude towards training so I just worked through it and killed all my sets! On my last set of squats I really felt the hip drive like I never have before. I hope I can reproduce that feeling next session.

Good job working through the pain, I've always heard that Squats cure/fix everything

Cool, was it just pain from the already injured rib or from injuring it even more though? I'm now debating loosening up my belt vs trimming an inch off of it. Will have to ask my guild mate in WOW about it, he's a leather worker.

Just one single rib injury from having my belt up too high.

07/06/10

squats: 245# x 5 x 3 (repeated weight by accident)
    bench: 165# x 3x1, 145x5,2 (failed, not sure why)
    deadlift: 255# x 5 x 1 (repeated weight because of bad form last workout)

starting strength coach development program
    04/06/2010

squats: 250# x 5 x 3 (rib hurt a lot, had to do sets of 3 and 2 to get all reps)
    press: 115# x 5 x 3
    rows: 135# x 5 x 3

going to reduce the weight and squat beltless until my rib heals, also going to order a new larger belt on friday.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast