Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyler's SS log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Today's workout:
    Squat: 295x3x5
    Press: 155x3x5
    Power Clean:165x5x3
    Weights felt really good. Squat is starting to feel heavy but it felt really good today. Press was easier than previous press workout of 150x3x5 and clean felt solid.

Wow, I am really impressed that your still able to up the press in 5 pound increments. Were about the same age and body type I'm curious how much you eat most days?

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Jones View Post
    Wow, I am really impressed that your still able to up the press in 5 pound increments. Were about the same age and body type I'm curious how much you eat most days?
    Man, I eat a ton everyday. I've eaten 3 dozen eggs, 2 lbs of hamburger, 6 chicken breasts, 3 lbs of steak, and several pork chops over the past 4 days. I know that because I went to the grocery store Friday and have eaten all of that since then. Right now I'm at 1.5x bw in protein spread out over 6 meals. I may be a little bit over on protein grams but I'm recovering well. As far as the press goes, I started off pretty light and now that its getting heavier I really push as hard as I can. I know that's a given but for me I haven't always been really intense and focused. I know I want to get stronger and won't let anything stop me. Besides having a big press is really freaking cool and I want that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tfin View Post
    I've eaten 3 dozen eggs, 2 lbs of hamburger, 6 chicken breasts, 3 lbs of steak, and several pork chops over the past 4 days.
    Keep up the good work. Glad to see you putting it to practice.

Thanks man , and believe it or not I've still been hungry.

Lucky you. Right now I'm forcing myself to finish this plate of spinach, brocoli and carrots. Yeah, I got a lame diet.

Oh, believe me, I eat plenty of green vegetables too. I just didn't name them because it doesn't sound as good. I had a hard time when I first started eating more, but the more I eat and the more often I eat then the hungrier I get. Anyways for today's workout
    Squat: 305x3x5
    Bench: 235x3x5
    Deadlift: 315x1x5
    Squats felt really good today. It was heavy, but it actually felt like I was working what I was supposed to be working. Bench was no problem and deadlifts were actually pretty good. I decided not to be a pussy and let my squat surpass my deadlift so early in the progression so I added a little bit. Worked out just fine.

Wow, awesome 30 pound jump on the deadlift.

Alright, had the SSS this weekend and got back home last night just to turn right around and go into work until just before noon. Oh well, got home, got plenty of sleep. No gym today because we lifted this weekend. Start back tomorrow, possibly gonna drop my weights down on squat and power clean to get my form straightened out. I need more depth on squats and concentrate on shoving my knees out at the bottom. I may drop back to 275 and ramp up. On the clean, I was pulling too late and getting more of a reverse curl than a clean so I'll drop to 135 and work up from there.

starting strength coach development program
    Todays workout:
    Squat 275x3x5
    Bench 240x3x5
    Deadlift 315x1x5
    I still feel pretty beat up. I wanted to get in and at least get something done though. It's been a long couple of days. Since I got back from the cert I have slept about 2-3 hrs each night/day up until last night when I got 8 hrs. I felt better when I woke up but still trying to recover. I did order some wl shoes from quest nutrition and I ordered a belt. I'm pretty excited about getting them.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast