starting strength gym
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dougs becoming a useful human being log.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by gamedog View Post
    dealing with the wife when she gets pissed that you have to buy new shirts and pants AGAIN because you keep growing out of them, etc)
    LOL. No kidding. The only thing that fits me now is the workout shorts that I just bought. If it doesn't have elastic, it isn't going to fit around my milk belly. I can still wear some of my bigger t-shirts, but they don't feel very big anymore.

squat 3x5 275 press 3x5 145 1/2 pclean 5x3 140.

Everything felt good. I can really tell the difference when I have my press out of position though. I almost missed a rep because it was about 2 inches from the center of my foot once.

squat 3x5 280 bench 2x5 1x4 deadlift 1x5 305 pullups 5 4

Squats went up great, ditched the belt it's just to big and loose not doing me much good waiting for the smaller one to arrive. My bench was frustrating and I failed on the last rep. I think my problem with this and the press has been to big of jumps. If I could hold steady in weight or gain a bit freely I think I could take bigger ones but I think I just have to accept the fact that while I"m on this diet I have to make slow if steady progress. Deadlift went great though I think my form is finally pretty much spot on, my shoulders rose first not mid back.

Oh on the diet front I have still been making progress in strength and have actually lost a couple pounds. I have sort of been half assing it though so I just need to get my head out of my ass and start doing what John told me.

starting strength coach development program
    Looking good man. Seem to be making damn good progress. Do what John says. He knows his shit.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234