Ok ladies and gents, a little background. I have been "on and off" SS for about a year now. My best gains were last year from about June to December where I reached a BW best of 178 (starting at 145) and 1 rm maxes at 350 squat, 405 dead and 245 bench respectively.

However, the past 6 months I have been much less consistent with my training, eating and GOMAD. I was convinced that I needed to start the Texas method in January when looking back I definitely left room in the linear progression.This summer I have been very inconsistent and here is where I turn it around. Currently I am 6'0" and 160-165 lbs depending on when I weigh myself.

My long-term goal is to compete in Senior Weightlifting and be a force by the time I am at Master's (I turn 20 in September) and maybe sooner. That said today I attempted to start Justin's Novice Olympic Program and realized I am just NOT strong enough to Snatch right now. So I will be doing the original SS program with a few minor tweaks. Since I ultimately plan on doing Oly, I am modifying the Novice progression a tad:

Monday:
Squat
Bench
Dead
Overhead Squats

Wednesday:
Squat
Press
Chins
Back Extensions/RDL/Good Morning (you get the picture, moderate back work)
Overhead Squats

Friday:
Squat
Bench
Clean (not power clean, I will be front-squatting any clean I catch high immediately, and might have to alter my volume. I am doing the Clean instead of the PC to prevent this from happening: I get really good at the 2nd pull but when it comes time to start training the olympic lifts I have no concept of dropping under the bar)

Monday:
Squat
Press
Chins
Back
OH Squats

Wed
Squat
Bench
Dead
OH Squats

etc. etc. So it looks like the Advanced novice model in PPST but full cleans substituted for Power Cleans, and added Overhead squats. These will be very light and probably in the 3 sets of 8 area. Eventually the Wednesday squats may turn into Front Squat days.

As for food, I will be updating this log with every meal. The reason? I fucking suck at eating and have very little dedication to it. I work as a football coach that requires me to be out of the house from roughly 3-930 every day so I must work around that when it comes to food. The suggestion from here and at 70sbig is 4 square meals and GOMAD. So, I will get 4 1000-calorie meals topped with a quart of whole milk. That will put me at 6400 calories a day. If I start getting used to it or doing it with ease, the meals maybe bump to 1200, then 1500. As for a food schedule I was thinking 7 am, 11 am, 3pm and then 930 pm. Training will most likely occur between the 7-11 meals or the 11-3 meals. Since the first 3 meals have 4 hours apart and the last 2 have 6+ hours apart I wonder if maybe the 9:30 meal (can possibly be 8:45 or 9:00 depending on when the players finish their training) would look more like 1500 calories with a quart of milk, this would afford me some le-way if I am having trouble eating any of the early meals. My toughest meal is breakfast, I can't fucking stand eggs and have really tried to like them but can't, this is something I will have to figure out. So maybe I can do like a 500 calorie breakfast, 1000 calorie 11/3 meals and then 1500 cals at night. I could also gradually up my egg dosage, maybe start with 2 and get the rest of the cals from elsewhere until I have built up a tolerance. I decided to buy this supplement from Controlled Labs called "Black Hole" which is an appettite enhancer, I'll see if its worth the money I spent.

In terms of rest and recovery, I have a history of bad knees but know how to take care of them. I have been using a lot of the advice that coach John Broz recently posted up about conditioning knees: Icey Hot before I lift (feels great under my neoprene sleeves), Ice after training, kneeling on hard surface for 15+ minutes (this is for myotherapy purposes I'm guessing, he doesn't know why it works but I have experience with trigger point therapy and this is basically it). I am currently working with a nagging shin injury that makes no sense. It happened while squatting and feels like the pain is on the bone, not any muscle or tendon. Anyways I have been taking Aleve and will push through it.

The next important matter to discuss is vacation. I will be leaving town next monday for a 2-week vacation and wont be able to go 100% into this until July 12th. However, my brother and I will be looking for places at our vacation spots to train at and maintain a semblance of a training program. Food intake is always annoying on vacations for me, so I will have to battle through that too.

As for short term goals. Seeing as how I can't go 100% until July 12th, I think a fair goal for bodyweight gain is weighing 180 lbs by August 11th, which is the first day of highschool at the school I coach at. That is 20 lbs in 1 month, very doable and possibly easy for those at Witchita Falls, but would be a very new thing for me. Remember, the best I've done is like 30 lbs in 3 months. As for weight lifted, in that month I would like to get my Squat up to 315x5x3, my Deadlift to 335x5, my press to 135x5x3, my bench to 225x5x3 and my Clean to 225x3x5. My rough guesses for where I will be starting with the lifts:
225 squat
275 deadlift
185 bench
115 press
155 Clean

I am 100% open to comments, questions, critiques. Here....we....go!