starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ChiefCisco's SS Log - Starting @ 150lbs

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    7-16-10

Today's workout went well. A new PR on my squats always makes me happy. The fact that I hit two plates today makes me ecstatic!

Squat: 225x3x5 .. Woohoo! I feel accomplished.
    OHP: 115x3x5
    Pwr Cleans: 130x3x3

The squats today were tough, but I finished them. I made sure to get deep today and really use the rebound to my advantage. I felt like my form was much better today than the past couple workouts.

The OHP was heavy too. The last rep went up very slow, but it made it all the way up.

My Pwr Cleans were cut short today by environmental conditions. I still got 3 sets done at least.

Off to eat!! I wish the eating was as easy as the weight lifting. LOL

Wow putting two plates is my dream right now. Help me a bit on the diet man. My progress is pathetic compared to yours. Are you GOMADing? I have high cholesterol so can't GOMAD
    I must be putting in 3000 calories per day now.

3k calories is barely maintenance man. No way in hell I'd get where I am if I were taking in that few of calories. You gotta think, all that time under the bar is burning calories, so you gotta take in even more calories to make up for that time.

I had a real hard time eating when I started. I've been a picky eater ever since I was a kid, and I never ate much when I did eat. I probably started around 3000-3500 calories when I started SS. I tried GOMAD, but by 1/2 gallon of the milk, I just felt so full... and the milk made me eat even less real food. The one thing I had going for me was my protein shakes. I would put two cups of milk in each shake and I started out drinking two shakes a day, one in the morning and one after my workout, or at night of my off days.

After my first week of working out, I started to just naturally eat more. I would feel hungry more. I would be able to take in a little more food with each meal as the days went on. Eventually, I had worked my way up to 3 protein shakes a day (2 whey, 1 casein at night) with 2 cups of milk per shake. That was 6 cups right there.

Then I started drinking milk after my meals. Even though I was full, I would wait 10 minutes after eating and then drink 1-2 cups of milk. I found this to be a great way to stretch my stomach. I still struggle to get in all 16 cups of milk a day, but I easily hit 12 cups.

It also helps that I love milk, and cereal, and PB+J sandwiches. Even when I'm somewhat full, I can always eat a little cereal or half a PB+J sandwich.

You just gotta work your way up. There's no cheat to eating. It's still a struggle for me everyday. In fact, I should be eating now instead of typing this. As for the cholesterol, try things like nuts or other low cholesterol things. I'm not sure if soy milk has cholesterol or not.

7-19-10

Bodyweight: 178 lbs

Squats: 230x3x5
    Bench: 147.5x3x5
    Deads: 250x1x5

Well, I was able to go up in weight on every exercise. New PRs!

The squats were really damn heavy again. It took everything I had just to get the weight up. I'm sure my form suffered some, but I was still able to get good depth.

The Bench was easy peasy. No worries about hitting 150 next time.

I think my grip is getting close to its level on deadlifts. I am still using the double overhand grip. My fingers were barely able to hold the weight today.

My only regret is not eating enough today, but I feel like that everyday.

starting strength coach development program
    I am jealous!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123