Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mns6490 ss

Default mns6490 ss

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    day 1 was pretty bad lol

starting weight for my squat dl and bp were all 65 lbs

gunna make my buddy go with me for the next workout to check my form feel like im leaning to far forward with squat (my heels are coming off the ground) and pretty sure my back is rounded on my dl's want to get the problems corrected before moving up the weight.

so in summary day1
    squat 3x5x65
    dl 1x5x65
    bp 3x5x65

and i forgot to mention my hams and quads are on fire already and its only been like 2-3 hours since the workout lol is there any commonality for squatting to deep?

What kind of shoes are you lifting in?

Definitely you should not be rounding on deads or rocking forward on squats - but you probably aren't leaning too far forward. Get the weight back to your heals and focus on driving your ass up from the bottom. Squatting too low is when you've learned to properly keep your back arched, but your depth causes it to round at the bottom (the first criteria being very important).

i was lifting in high top chucks, i felt like i had to go on to the balls of my feet to stay on balance lol

is it weird my starting lifts are the exact same? like i thought the dl was supposed to be more than everything followed by the squat, or will that work itself out on its own?

workout number 2, major major doms in my legs toughed it out to get shit done, quick warm up on the elliptical and grabbed my buddy to help me make sure my form was good. i was deff leaning to far forward, heels came off the ground during a few warmup reps but got it sorted out pretty quickly for a good workout. i read that you could and quite a few have subbed pc for bentover rows for the first couple of workouts to get some strength before starting the pc so i did that, will deff go to pc very soon though. really liked the press =]

workout #2
    squat 3x5x75
    press 3x5x50
    bent over row 3x5x60

already feelin the doms from the squats lol maybe im not eating enough?
    Last edited by mns6490; 02-21-2011 at 04:02 AM.

ohh yeah forgot to mention my starting bodyweight was 155lbs

rows are never part of the Rip's program. He does suggest that you can deadlift every workout for a few workouts before alternating them with powercleans.

I'm thinking you probably need to post a video of your squat and deadlift.

You suspect you're not eating enough... usually that means you're not, but how about you give a rough estimate of what you're eating? Protein and cals?

usually i eat 2 bacon cheeseburgers, oatmeal and try to drink as much milk as possible (quarter to half gallon is usually all i can drink) and i mix it with chocolate whey 2-3 times a day at 25g protien a serving and thats about it for my day lol im usually full from just one burger for the day sooo eatin is rough for me lol

i will deff stop doin the rows lol dl twice a week for awhile deff gunna reread the powerclean chapter of ss today

and ill see if i can my phone to post some videos on here =]

That's not only not a lot of food, it isn't a whole lot of total calories, either.

Make a point of not touching the milk till after a meal. It tends to keep you full and blunt your appetite, but you can drink as much of it as you want when you're already full of solid food. Get some eggs and have a few for breakfast to start.

I'm all for bacon cheeseburgers (believe me, I coined the phrase "soreness is inversely proportional to burgers") but they can't be the mainstay of a diet. Get some chicken, get some veggies, fish, nuts, etc.

starting strength coach development program
    idk what happened to my appetite but over the past year ive went from being able to eat 2 large pizzas by myself in one sitting to the described above...same weight and mostly same exercise until just starting ss.

anyhow workout #3
    squat 3x5x85
    bench 3x5x75
    dl 1x5x85

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast