starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taco Bell and Double Cheeseburgers: Linear Progression Done Right

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Monday, August 9

Squats - 300 x 5 x 2. They went good. For some reason, I'm not as excited about 300 as I should be.. what I'm really excited about is getting 3 wheels. I didn't bother with a third set because the first 2 were so brutally hard. I instead did a set of 225 for 10 reps as a warm-down.

Bench press - 212.5 x 5 x 1 and then a set of 4 with the spotter very lightly assisting the last rep, invalidating it (but it was necessary). I was running out of time, so I skipped the last set.. hopefully that won't stunt my progress

Power cleans - 185 x 3 x 3. I feel like the key to these is keeping your upper back tight so the bar stays close.

Fast food - Grilled Chicken Burrito x 3 x 1. Fast food is becoming repulsive.

Gonna do some chins and dips later tonight.
    Last edited by Nauticus; 08-09-2010 at 04:34 PM.

starting strength coach development program
    Wednesday, August 11

Squats: 305 x 4 x 1 and 305 x 3 x 2. In other words, FAIL. Not fully recovered at all. I'll try this weight again.

OHPresses: 145 x 3 x 2 and 145 x 2 x 1. Not greatly happy with these either, but I feel like I can still progress next time as opposed to my squats which need to stay at 305.

Then curls and isometric ab stuff at the cable machine.

Didn't eat fast food on my off day, which I'm guessing is the reason for my lack of recovery. So getting stronger will require $3.25 a day, since home cooking isn't enough to grow
    Last edited by Nauticus; 08-11-2010 at 05:31 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12