starting strength gym
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 3PU's SS Training Log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    NOTES
    Not enough sleep last night, felt groggy today. Going to bed extra early tonight.

RECOVERY
    Food
    : 4 slices Canadian Bacon, 3 fried eggs, 2 cups of coffee with cream, 2 big bowls of Shepherd Pie, 0.5 banana, 1 cup blueberries, 1 litre whole milk, 2 tbsp peanut butter, 2 scoops whey protein, sweet potato
    Previous Night's Sleep: 6 hours

SESSION #9
    WORKOUT A

SQUAT

175x5x3

BENCH
    155x5x3

DEADLIFT
    225x5x1

NOTES
    All good after a proper night's sleep. Deadlift and squat in the morning makes me feel real sleepy before lunch.

RECOVERY
    Food: 4 slices Canadian Bacon, 3 fried eggs, 2 cups of coffee with cream, 0.5 banana, 1 cup blueberries, 2 litres whole milk, 2 tbsp peanut butter, 2 scoops whey protein, roast beef sandwich (half pound home-cooked roast, 2 pieces whole wheat bread, butter), bbq salmon, corn, baked potato, sour cream
    Previous Night's Sleep: 9 hours

A lot to catch up on here:

August 28th
    Recovery
    Food
    : 4 slices Canadian Bacon, 3 fried eggs, 2 cups of coffee with cream, 0.5 banana, 1 cup blueberries, 2 litres whole milk, 2 tbsp peanut butter, 2 scoops whey protein, roast beef sandwich (half pound home-cooked roast, 2 pieces whole wheat bread, butter), 2 steaks with pasta, brie with pear and tarragon, 3 moosehead, 2oz Jamesons
    Previous Night's Sleep: 7 hours

August 29th
    Recovery
    Food
    : 0.5 banana, 1 cup blueberries, 2 litres whole milk, 2 tbsp peanut butter, 2 scoops whey protein, 2 fried eggs, english muffin, double burger, garden salad with cheese, sweet potato with butter
    Previous Night's Sleep: 6 hours (woke up tired)

August 30th
    Notes

No time today for workout--too busy with Dad's b-day etc. Back on schedule tomorrow am.
    Great day of rest finally yesterday. Nice long easy hike with dogs in am, beautiful weather. Took horses out some riding after lunch--first time for me riding them. Spent an hour in the sun afterwards drinking beer and left horses to roam and eat grass in yard. Haven't had a good day off this summer until yesterday!
    So this week I lost another fraction of an inch off the waist and went up about 1 pound--still great progress. No injuries or pains yet either.

Recovery
    Food
    : 2 cups of coffee with cream, blueberry cobbler with haagen-dazs, 1 litre milk, new york strip, green beans, 2 corn on the cob with butter, 1/2 lb roast beef, 1 moosehead, 1 fried egg, roast beef sandwich (half pound home-cooked roast, 2 pieces whole wheat bread, butter)
    Previous Night's Sleep: 10 hours!

August 31

SESSION #10
    WORKOUT B

SQUAT

180x5x3

PRESS
    115x5x3

CLEAN
    115x3x1 (injury!)

Notes
    Squats and press went up easier than I thought! Last rep on first set of cleans really tweaked the wrist--tried tightening the wrap, but still couldn't complete it. Swollen again. May have to go back to doctor.

Recovery
    Food: 4 fried eggs, .36lb Canadian Bacon, 0.5 banana, 1 cup blueberries, 2 litres whole milk, 2 tbsp peanut butter, 2 scoops whey protein, apple, 4 mooseheads, 2 enormous fajitas with pork tenderloin, pineapple salsa, avocado, sour cream, peppers, and cheese

Good progress. Keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by misspelledgeoff View Post
    Good progress. Keep it up!
    Thanks misspelled--I appreciate the encouragement! I was reading your old SS log today, you've really made some great gains. Pretty inspiring.

NOTES
    Ate a lot today, even when I didn't want to.

RECOVERY
    Food
    : half pound of bacon, 3 fried eggs, 2 cups of coffee with cream, 0.5 banana, 1 cup blueberries, 1 litre 2% milk, 2 tbsp peanut butter, 2 scoops whey protein, roast beef sandwich (half pound home-cooked roast, 2 pieces whole wheat bread, butter), pork tenderloin sandwich (half pound home-cooked pork tenderloin, 2 pieces whole wheat bread, butter), 2 bottles moosehead

Quote Originally Posted by 3PU View Post
    5 hours of brush-cutting and grass mowing for recovery.
    This is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulgere Hircum View Post
    This is awesome.
    That's what I moved to the country for!
    Last edited by 3PU; 09-02-2010 at 09:33 PM.

SESSION #11
    WORKOUT A

SQUAT

185x5x3

BENCH
    160x5x3

DEADLIFT
    235x5x1

NOTES
    Squat form was way off and I seemed to tweak my lower back a bit. Smartened up and really concentrated on form and felt better about 3rd set. Bench was smooth, DL felt lighter than last session!

RECOVERY
    Food: half pound bacon, 3 fried eggs, 2 cups of coffee with cream, 0.5 banana, 1 cup blueberries, 2 litres whole milk, 2 tbsp peanut butter, 2 scoops whey protein, roast beef sandwich (half pound home-cooked roast, 2 pieces whole wheat bread, butter), fish and chips, 6oz Jamesons
    Previous Night's Sleep: 8 hours

Quote Originally Posted by 3PU View Post
    That's what I moved to the country for!
    You realize that you were already on the original strength program, right? Throw bales, haul feed, and fill up on all the fresh eggs, milk, beef, and produce you can hold.

I'd like to have a few chickens here in the city.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulgere Hircum View Post
    You realize that you were already on the original strength program, right? Throw bales, haul feed, and fill up on all the fresh eggs, milk, beef, and produce you can hold.

I'd like to have a few chickens here in the city.
    I've only had the farm for a year. And only had animals for a few months. I'm on SS to make myself more useful around here. (side note: since starting SS I don't use a ladder to get to my hayloft any more, I just climb a railing, shimmy over until I can reach the opening and pull myself up.)

Chickens are far easier to care for and more beneficial than I imagined before I got them. Mine range free all day long and then put themselves to bed. In the morning I sling some feed and put out water and that's it. I take warm eggs right from the nesting box and put them in the pan in the morning. I've got 5 fresh eggs every morning and 5 more young chickens that I raised from hatchlings ready to make it 10 a day once they hit maturity in a week or two.

I don't do cattle, so I buy my milk and beef. I do see goats in my future though.

City chickens are hard because of neighbours and by-laws--but I guess that's different from city to city. A rooster would make your neighbours want to kill you.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast