starting strength gym
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: A Spartan's Log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    LOL my "muscle" ... Well buddy I gotta tell ya, I'll be the first to admit that I suck at pull-ups and chin-ups. But I'm improving -although the improvements are small- every day.

See, for me, I'm all about the thickness, you know? Specifically, I see all these dudes with HUGE biceps, triceps and delts, and in some cases HUGE pecs too, only they have puny, flimsy backs. It's like, other than arms, they're built like 15 year-olds. And I don't want to be that guy. I want a nice set of traps (and they're coming along), lats, and an all-around thick back, along with the pecs and the arms LOL I know that the chin-ups especially will help with that. So I'm working on it

Saturday's workout
    08/20/2010

Squat (5x3)
    Bench (5x3)
    Power Clean (3x3)*

I did 3 sets of 3 in the p.clean, because the gym was closing, so I had to cut two sets. Form was not that good. My weight was 172.5 lbs, (2.5 lbs lighter than Thursday) b/c of dehydration being all day in the swimming pool in the sun.
    The last set of the squats was a grinder, even though I rested for 12 mins. Let's see how it goes today.

Good workout despite the early closure cutting your Power Cleans short. Good work on the squats as well. You have your momentum up, and do what you can to keep it up because it'll definitely feel grinding for a while now that you're passing the big 250. No worries though, you're strong, getting stronger AND you're doing light days in the middle Keep up the good work and you'll be at 300 before you know it!

Thanks for the encouragement man. Yestarday was another day of shitting 3 times a day. I don't know wtf is happening, but this is happening too often. Yesterday's workout:
    08/23/2010

Squat (5x3)
    Press (5x3)
    Deadlift (5x1)

The last set of squats was again a grinder, and on the last rep, bar speed slowed a lot. Today I will have to eat much more, trying to add some weight after the food and water I lost yesterday - weight yesterday was 174 lbs. Yesterday I started microloading on the press, and did the deadlift with a mixed grip.

LOL I remember when I was shitting 5 or 6 times per day...

Good work on the 255! You're keeping your momentum up and making it happen and that's great!! Nice press and deadlift too, by the way

As to the food, some extra lamb and some cheese should do you right ;D

Quote Originally Posted by gamedog View Post
    LOL I remember when I was shitting 5 or 6 times per day...

Good work on the 255! You're keeping your momentum up and making it happen and that's great!! Nice press and deadlift too, by the way

As to the food, some extra lamb and some cheese should do you right ;D
    Shitting 5 or 6 times a day? Damn, that's a lot man, you must have read a lot of newspapers back then . The deadlift is my preferred exercise. And today I just ate some lamb

Wednesday's workout:
    08/25/2010

Light Day
    Squat (5x2)
    Bench (5x3)
    Chinup
    6+4+5
    Hanging Leg Raises

Weight 174.9 lbs.
    I love Wednesday! Bench is begining to feel heavy, I'll probably start microloading. The chinups didn't go that well, I felt kind of tired after the bench press, and didn't do them with enough conviction - next time I'll try harder. Anyway, thank God for Light Day!

LOL Light Wednesday is great, you're 100% right about that. You'll be good to go for another PR today, too GOOD LUCK and make it happen!

I suck at chin ups ... I'm just trying to take my time and eventually I'll get there They're hard especially after heavy benching.

Take it easy with the chins. They are an accessory exercise and should be treated as such. Don't worry, just try your best every time you do them. Eventually you'll be smocking 'em!

starting strength coach development program
    Friday's workout:
    08/27/2010

Squat (5x3)
    Press (5x3)
    Power Clean (3x5)

Squat felt heavy, especially the second set. On the third set I focused more on the tightness, and it went well. On P.Clean I deloaded a little bit b/c I wanted better form and I got it. Apparently I don't lower myself at all when I rack the bar, but I should so let's see how it goes next time.

On the weekend I screwed up recovery big time. I was by the beach for 2 days, spending a lot of calories and eating was very bad. So I decided to do a Light Squat on Monday. When I went to the gym, I realized I had lost 2 pounds of bodyweight, so it was a good decision.

Monday's workout (weight 173 lbs)
    08/30/2010

Light Day
    Squat (5x2)
    Bench (5x3)
    Deadlift (5x1)*

*I did a mistake on the Deadlift, b/c I did the same weight as the workout the last week. This is what happens when you don't take your log with you on the gym.
    Today is EAT day!

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast