starting strength gym
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: A Spartan's Log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey man! Nice job on the 260 pound squats on Friday!!! I bet light day yesterday was easy-peasy, and left your legs feeling fortified and renewed! Right on!!! That's a good-looking bench, too :-) Keep grinding away at it and keep it climbing, you'll be at 180 and beyond before you know it. No worries on the dl's, just eat plenty and up that weight next go-round.

Wednesday's workout:
    09/01/2010

Squat (5x3)
    Press (5x3)
    Chinup
    7x3xBW
    Back Extension
    12x(BW+22+45)

Squats were heavy but doable. Recording myself helped, especially to identify any reps where I didn't reach depth (the last rep of the last set). 270 will be hard, but I must eat like this last two days and I hope I'll make it.
    Press was hard but felt good. Chinups and Back Extensions were a peanut (after the squat everything seems like a peanut to me...).
    Weight 175.5 lbs.

Kickass workout, my Hoplite friend, kickass workout! 265 pounds on the squat FTW! Eat your food, get plenty of good rest, and you'll make it :-D

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by gamedog View Post
    Kickass workout, my Hoplite friend, kickass workout! 265 pounds on the squat FTW! Eat your food, get plenty of good rest, and you'll make it :-D
    Yeah buddy! I'm trying to eat as much as I can, trying to push with all that I have. It's time to break PRs baby!

PS. I saw "Inception" at the cinema yesterday (from Christopher Nolan the director of one of my favourite movies- The Dark Knight) and it was awesome. Definitely the move of the year.
    Last edited by Rezart Erindi; 09-03-2010 at 12:52 AM.

Friday's workout:

09/03/2010

Squat (5x3)
    Bench (5x3)
    Power Clean (3x5)

The first set of the squat was very solid, the second and third less. I didn't reach parallel (an inch above) on the last set of the last rep (again). This has to stop.
    I started microloading on the bench. P.Clean was fine.

You're doing well my friend. As to the form (depth) on that last rep, don't be afraid to take another minute or two more to rest before you bang out the last set :-D And also, remember you've got the safeties on there too, if you get into trouble ;-) and you'll be fine. Great workout though, definitely!~

Quote Originally Posted by gamedog View Post
    You're doing well my friend. As to the form (depth) on that last rep, don't be afraid to take another minute or two more to rest before you bang out the last set :-D And also, remember you've got the safeties on there too, if you get into trouble ;-) and you'll be fine. Great workout though, definitely!~
    Yeah buddy, I'll wait a little bit more on the last set. Thanks for the encouragement, even though not comparable with your achievements

Yesterday's workout

09/06/2010

Light Day
    Squat (5x2)
    Press (5x3)
    Deadlift (5x1)

This was a strange workout. First of all I ripped my shorts in half, in the first set of squats. The deadlift was not good at all, b/c I was somehow not keeping my elbows straight, and on the last rep I didn't reach lockout. Next time, I'll focus more on this. It will not happen again.

You're gonna have a weird one here and there, it happens. You're doing the right thing by shaking it off, focusing on fixing any of the little issues and moving on with a positive attitude. Right on! Oh, not only that, but ripping the shorts during squats is like a milestone LOL That happened to me too, and it was then that I knew The Program was turning me into a behemoth ;-) :-D

starting strength coach development program
    09/08/2010

Squat (5x3)
    Bench (5x3)
    Chinup
    (8+7+4)xBW

Overall good workout

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast